Prologue

Once upon a time in the hidden land of France. A handsome young prince hedgehog named Shadow lived in a shining beautiful castle. Now although he had everything his heart desires, Shadow was selfish and unkind. He wasn't always like this though, ever since he lost his older sister Maria, he became cold hearted and would plush people close to him away. One winter's night, an old lady came to the castle asking for shelter from the bitter cold, as a gift she offered a simple red rose. Disgusted by her haggard appearance the prince turn the woman away, but she warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within, and when he dismissed her again, the old lady's ugly appearance melted away, to reveal a beautiful enchantress. Prince Shadow tried to apologize but it was too late, she have seen that there was no love in his heart. As punishment she transformed him into a hideous werehog and placed a powerful spelled on the castle and all who lived there. As the days bled into years, the prince and his servants were forgotten by the world, for the enchantress had erased all memory of them from the minds of the people they loved. Ashamed at his monstrous form. the werehog concealed himself inside his castle with the magic mirror as his only window to the outside world. The rose she had offered him was truly an enchanted rose, which would bloom on his 21st birthday. If he can learn to love another and earn their love in return before the last petal falls then the spell will be broken. If not then he would be doomed to remain a beast for the rest of his life. As the years passed he felt into despair and last all hope, for who could ever love a beast?