Damage Control

"What happened in my house?!" Mom shouted, waking us all up.

Before I could even get out of the bedroom, Mom was at the door. I was wearing Nicky's shirt and his boxers. Nicky was shirtless and wearing a pair of shorts. It was clear we slept together last night. Both literally and figuratively.

"H-Hi, Mom." I grinned lightly, trying my best to not show that I was hungover.

She looked angry and went to check on the older twins. I quickly followed, praying that they weren't hungover.

"Why are you yelling?! It's so early. My head hurts." Katie groaned.

Idiot. She just wanted me to get caught.

"Wooh, last night was fun. Hey, Mom." Riley grinned lightly.

Mom looked at me, even angrier, before going downstairs.

"Hai-Hai, did you have a party? Without us?" Addison cried as she poked me.

It was too early. I was in too much pain for this.

"Addison, you need to learn that I can't do every single thing with you. I wanted to have my time with my friends, so yes. I had a party." I answered.

"How come Riley and Katie got to stay?!" She whined.

"Stop whining, please. I have a headache. They're older. You're too young to be at a party full of high schoolers. Plus, you'd be asleep by the time it started. All you'd do is cry and beg me to do all these things with you. We had lunch at Nana and Gramps' house yesterday. I still spent time with you." I explained.

She stormed upstairs. Aiden followed. Mom and Jack sat down in front of me. I've never been in trouble before. I was terrified. Mom and Jack both looked like they didn't know what to do with me.

"Haileigh, you broke a lot of the rules. I trusted you to be on your best behavior with this party and be responsible. Riley and Katie are fourteen, you are freshly seventeen. How did you get alcohol?" Mom questioned.

"Where'd you get the idea that there was alcohol?" I queried.

"I can smell it. You and your sisters are obviously hung over. Don't try lying and get out of this. Ever since you've gone to Coral Springs Academy, you've changed. Some of those changes were good... Some weren't. I've been thinking about withdrawing you for a little while. The only reason you went was to get away from the pain you were suffering here. You're not suffering anymore. We all miss getting to see you every day. We all want you to move back here." She explained.

"What?!" I gasped.

Leaving Coral Springs Academy?! That can't happen. Especially since I graduate next year.

"Mom, I'm staying at CSA. I'm going into my senior year. There's absolutely no point in coming back here just to go to one school for a year. I wasn't only suffering because of the twins, it was also because being here felt like Dad was constantly watching over me, judging my every move. It was suffocating. I miss everyone too, but CSA is the best for me. I am not leaving that school until I graduate." I snapped.

"We are getting off topic. The bottom line, you broke the rules, Haileigh. This isn't like you to do. What if something had happened? Was anyone sober last night?" Jack queried.

"Yes, of course. There had to be designated drivers. My friends are responsible enough to not drink and drive." I answered.

"Mrs. Jackson told me that Nicky punched Noah." Mom said.

Uh-oh...

"He barged into the house, and was clearly upset that he wasn't invited. He needs to get over me." I scoffed before sipping my water.