One hindred and thirty seven

"Yes, that's great- look I've got to go." I say, hanging up my call quickly as Spencer makes his way back into the kitchen through the back door.

"Who was that?" He asks, reaching for my hips with both arms and pulling me close.

"Just uh- just Emily." I force a smile and the man frowns slightly, letting go of my body and moving toward the window.

"Ok, so I was thinking. If we want to keep this a surprise for Henry, which I do, we should buy some curtains and not let him out back." He turns to face me again. "I've put the base up." A large smile covers his tanning face.

"Uh- yeah... sure." I say, not actually listening much to the words leaving his mouth.

"Sure." he repeats and moves past me to the hallway and the stairs. I hear his heavy footsteps rising above my head as he makes his way to the bathroom and turns on the shower.

Spencer's POV:

When done in the shower, I wrap a towel around my waist and step back out into the hall.

JJ is stood by her bedroom door, watching me as I ruffle my wet hair. "What?" I ask as she continues to stare.

"Now that we're getting back on the right track, how about you join me in my room again?" her voice is quiet and the words come out almost too rushed and forced for me to understand the first time round.

"I uh- I don't think that is a good idea." I state, meeting her eyes and adjusting the towel hanging from my hips.

She frowns slightly, folding her arms tighter and looking down slightly. "but I thought-" she pauses, looking back up to me for a response.

I raise my brows, shrugging my shoulders slightly, gesturing for her to continue.

"Well we had sex- twice."

"JJ, I think you're forgetting I've slept with many women I have no feelings for." I state, not meaning to be harsh, but reminding her that to me, sex doesn't really mean that much.

"You have no feelings for me?" she asks, her voice laced with sadness.

I want to tell her I do, that I love her and I'll never stop, but I can't. Things aren't the same anymore.

"I don't know." I sigh, pushing my wet hair over my head and stepping backwards against the wall.

"You don't know?" she repeates, frowning. The woman unfolds her arms, dropping them by her sides and exhaling loudly.

"You broke my fucking heart JJ." I grunt, attempting to have her understand what she did.

"Don't you think I know that, Spencer? But I'm here now." She byes her lips in a bid to hold back her tears.

"Well I'm sorry, but that's not good enough. The sex was fun, but I just don't think we'll work out anymore. Not after everything that has happened."

"Fun?" she scoffs raising her voice slightly. "You're a fucking idiot Spencer!" she shouts while going into her bedroom and slamming the door shut.

"I get told every day!" I shout back, stepping into my own room and dropping my towel.

***

I decide to stay in the room for a little while, turning on the TV and climbing on to my bed.

"Why does she always have to be so fucking annoying?" I groan out loud, flopping backwards and laying down.

After just a few seconds I give up on the TV show I'm watching and get up again, making my way out into the hall and up to JJ's bedroom door.

I knock lightly, hoping she won't continue to be stubborn. "Jayje." I call, using her nickname for the first time in what felt like forever.

I don't get an answer and when I attempt to open the door, it's locked.