07

When Amaya got back from her last class, she saw a white envelope on the counter, addressed to her. She flipped it over and it had a red heart keeping it closed. It was identical to the envelope that was given to her at the party the week prior.

She opened it and found a list of names;

‘Trevor Ekans
Lucas Stark
Evan Smith
Nick Struniolo
Andrew Dixon
Wyatt Perry’

Amaya stared at the paper. It was the list of possible bachelors for the valentines party. She didn't know what she was going to do with this. Was she going to go looking for them?

**

The next day when Amaya was sitting in class she was a bit confused as to what the boy meant when he gave her a note saying, ‘Did you get the list.’ He then clarified by giving her another note. ‘Of potential bachelors.’

She let out a small laugh when she wrote her note back to him. ‘Yes. And it reeks of masculinity.’

‘Who did you get?’

Amaya didn't know why, but she kept the letter with her. It was in her coat pocket so she took it out and showed him. When he read the list he tried to hold in his laughter but failed. Amaya didn't know what was so funny, raising an eyebrow.

“Nick is gay.” He points at the paper.

Amaya joined the boy in his laughter.

**

“Are you actually going to pick someone?” Adelaide snatches the list.

“No.” Amaya takes the list back. “It's stupid and doesn't even work.”

“And how would you know that?” Adelaide sounds like she's trying to suggest something.

“Because one of the guys on here is gay.” Amaya dangles the paper.

“I still think you should at least try it out with one of the guys.”

“I don't even know any of them. I haven't seen or heard of anyone with these names.”

“What about your brother? He's what? A junior? Senior? If he doesn't know them, he's bound to know someone who does.” Adelaide adds on another point. “There's six names on that list. The campus isn't all that big, he has to have some ties with at least one of them.”

**

🌙Amaya🌧
Hiii
I need to ask you a question

Taipan🐍
Yea?
What is it

🌙Amaya🌧
Do you know any of these guts?
*image*
Or know someone who does

Taipan🐍
You went to the Pre-Valentines party?

🌙Amaya🌧
Answer the question

Taipan🐍
I know a couple of them
Also, Nick is gay btw

🌙Amaya🌧
Yea, ik
Which of these bachelors do you think is worthy to date your little sister

Taipan🐍
None of them
No one on this campus
No one on this planet

🌙Amaya🌧
I don't want to do this either
But Addie is trying to “fix my love life” and it's either going to be your choice or hers
And I would rather it be yours

Taipan🐍
Wyatt
He can be protective which is good
He's also kind of a friend of mine but not super close
You guys would also be able to bond over a love for ice skating

🌙Amaya🌧
Thank you
Love you
Oh!
Can I have his number or insta or something?

Taipan🐍
XXX-XXX-XXXX

🌙Amaya🌧
Thank you!
Now Adelaide can shut up