1 | BIRTHDAY INVITATION

कभी-कभी चलें सीधे, कभी मुड़ जाएँ
कभी-कभी कहीं टूटें, कहीं जुड़ जाएँ
हम शाम-ओ-सहर के, चारों पहर के mood में ढल जाएँ...

~ARIJIT SINGH(KASHMIR TU MAIN KANYAKUMARI)

~~~~~~~~~~~

4 YEARS LATER....

"No, I didn't kill him." I said as he slapped me. Hard.

"Trust me Rishabh, I didn't.-" He cut me off again by slapping me harder than last time.

"You piece of shit, how dare you ki-" He was cut off by Ashrut as he pulled him with jerk and slammed him to the other wall. But Rishabh came to me again with a knife in his hand. "I'll show how death looks like.."

.

.

.

"No I didn't." I jumped up while yelling that and found myself on the hospital couch. My breaths hard and fast. I facepalmed myself and gripped my hair while doing so. That fucking nightmare. Again. 3rd in a row!! I heard a door tearing open but didn't payed much attention as I was busy gathering my shit together. "That nightmare again?" Ashrut said as he shut the door and removed his coat to wear his doctor coat. I looked up him and nodded only. Too frustrated to speak or say something that will lead us to argument. The door opened again entering Kabir followed by Naina, Ruhaan and Aryan. They looked between me and Ashrut and again looked at me in horror. "Kitna baar bola hai princess ghar pe soya karo." Kabir said as he got ready for his routine which reminds me of something. "Yeah bro, you should sleep at your place rather than that couch." Naina joined followed by a nod from Aryan and Ashrut too, which only helped my frustration grow further. "Saalon to tum log bhi kabhi night duty karo karo, taki mein ghar pe aaram kar pau!!" I yelled at them frustratedly and stood up from my place and took my fresh new pair of clother from Asrut -my step brother's- hand.

(Princess, how many times you're told rest at your place.)

(Then do night duties for at least once assholes, so I can rest at my place.)

 I was about to go in the private bathroom for a warm shower when Naina spoke again "Baby doll get yourself a love life, I promise to pack your night duties." She said teasingly. I know they all are doing this so I don't think much about the nightmare. The only reason I always agree to swift my night dutuies with my bastard friends is because of the nightmare otherwise why would I ever let them date peacefully? I didn't turned around I showed my middle to them shut the door close.

TIME SKIP 10:30 AM HOSPITAL RECEPTION

"Tara show me my today's schedule after my rounds." I said as I had already had my round check up on patients. "Here." She said gave her phone to me. '10-10:30 check round-done, 4 appointments with regular clients, 5 new clients till lunch. 2 surgeries for tubectomy, suggested labor date for Mrs.Tiwari and C-section surgery for Mr.Gupta if Dr.Malhotra is late.' Wait...Mrs.Gupta? It's Dr.Malhotra's client!! Holy hell. I looked at Tara who worriedly smiled at me as if she knew my condition!! "Tara, where is Dr.Malhotra?" I asked in hoarse voice. "Uh..Dr.Meera he said if he's late, you can pro-" She was cut off by a knowing voice. "See, she's Dr.Meera." Never in my lifetime I will ever forget this voice. Malini!!! I excitedly turned to see her with a four year old child. Is she..Meera? Her wide baby blue eyes check me from head to toe and rested on me at last. As she looked at me her little smile grew wider. I offered my warm smile to both. I again turned to Tara "Tell me meet me first before going anywhere!!" I said with a gritted teeth and turned to Malini again. "Ohh...it's been so long Malini. And who do we have here?" I asked as I approached them. The little girl started to get out from Malini's grip and opened her arms to me.

I took her into my arms willingly and kissed her cheek. "Is she..Meera?" I asked Malini who nodded at me. "Oh..you turned out so cute baby Meera." I said as tears veiled in my eyelids. I still remember that evening how she looked at me with same wide baby blue eyes. "What a pleasent surprise Malini?" I asked Malini. She looked at me and then started looking around. "You here for a relative?" I asked and she spoke. "No, is Dr.Malhotra in here too?" She asked me. Who Dr.Malhotra? He's Dr.Cheater. Always late and passing his surgeries to me. "I don't know. I just did a round and came to check schedule." I said trying to make my voice normal. "Looking for me Dr.Meera?" There he is always behind me. Startling me. Proving me wrong when I state I don't know where he is. "Not me Dr.; Malini here is for looking for you." I said with a tight smile. Meera meanwhile is totally admiring him and his charm.

"Looking for you both Dr.Meera." Malini said smiling at me. "Meera?" Little Meera spoke in her baby voice -oh so sweet. "Yes?" I asked. "Are you the angle, mumma says about?" She asked. "Baby, I'm angle but yeah maybe I'm the one your mumma says about." I said making her rest on chest with my hand. "Dr.Malhotra, I need to talk to you both-somewhere else?" Malini asked and he motioned her to his personal cabin. Once she was in front he turned to me "The way to my office is here, as you seem to be ordering everyone to tell me to come to you, I guess I needed to show you." He whispered as it seemed like Meera was taking her nap on my chest. "We sure will have a talk." I said with a gritted teeth and followed Malini. As we entered and took our seat Malini took Meera from me. I already miss her warmth. "Yes Malini." Dr.Malhotra said as he took the seat. "Oh..you see Dr.Malhotra, me and Akshat hadn't celebrated Meera's birthday yet. As we wanted her to remember her when we celebrate it for first time. So we are celebrating it for the first time and I really want both of you to come to her birthday." She stated making both of us -me and Reyansh- looking at eachother. As we looked at each other he asked raising at eyebrow at me if I'm okay or not. I just blinked at him for approval. He nodded appreciatively and spoke "sure." He said giving her a tight lipped smile.

"Meera?" Little Meera spoke again. "Yes little Princess?" I said turning to her. She just threw her arms at me and then kissed my cheeks. "You will come to my birthday?" Oh my god her voice is so sweet. "Of course. Why should I deny a Princess?" I said and caressed her hair. I was about kiss her when Malini again took her from me or more like snatched her from me. Maybe I was getting too much close. I don't know what limits are as I'm not a mom. You will never even know. Stop!! Let's not go there. I didn't realize Malini left until Dr.Malhotra spoke again. "Earth to Dr.Meera." I just glared at him as I remembered something. "What are your whereabouts for today Dr.Reyansh Malhotra?" I asked in a very serious tone. "Why?" He asked matching my tone. "I don't want to perform the surgery that I can assist." I snapped back. He raised an eyebrow. "Is that so? Then remind me beforehand so I can be there on time!!" He said and left from there. See that's what always happens outside the OT. He never stays for a conversation and then lefts without hearing me out. Ughhh!!

-----x-----x-----x-----x-----