Prologue

"So why are we doing this again?" A young man with red eyes and black hair asked loudly. Jet Sustrai was his name, a young man enrolled in Beacon Academy under the headmistress Salem. He and one other were currently on the rooftop of the school observing the campus as students below them were casually chatting along with each other.

"Because you said that you would help me do this." A sweet voice answered him. To his left was a girl around his age that had short black hair with red tips and silver eyes, she was wearing the Beacon Uniform comprised of brown shoes, red tartan skirt, white blouse with maroon trim and thin red bow, a brown vest with gold buttons and a maroon blazer with gold trim, alongside full-length black stockings. Additionally, she wears a red cloak pinned to her blazer.

"No, I mean yes I said I would help you I just meant why are we doing this here?" He gestured towards his feet. "On top of a roof, instead of doing this below on the ground?"

"It's more fun, and... I was only able to find one rope to tie down the knot, so you're going to hold me while we zip down our way through the campus." She said while tying the cable around her.

"Okay but if you wanted to do something fun, why do this Ruby?" Jet asked as the girl let out a sigh.

"My mom thinks I spend too much time by myself and with my sister who wholeheartedly agrees with her on it and believe that I should find the time to make some friends." Ruby stated while gazing into the skies.

"I'm your friend." Jet added as Ruby giggled.

"That includes you too." The redhead said while poking his cheek. "They want me to make some other friends."

"Well then, I guess until that happens, you're pretty much stuck with me." He said while giving her a smile, the redhead let out a small sound at seeing his grin that made her heart beat a little.

"R-Right, that's actually correct, hmhmhm." Ruby stuttered before playfully clapping her cheeks. "Alright, now let's go ahead and get started." She announced as ran to him and pressed her back against him, tying the rope. "Ready?"

"On three?" Jet suggested as Ruby nodded her head.

"Yeah, on my count we'll go at—"

"ONE!" Jet shouted suddenly as Ruby went wide eyed.

"Huh!? Wait, wait, wait—I'm not!" Ruby tried to stop him but it was too late as both teens had jumped off the building and were now descending down the building.

"AAAAAHHHHH!"

"WOOOOOOHHOOOOOOO!" Ruby yelled in fright while Jet cheered in excitement. As they both zipline through the campus, flying over the students who had noticed them above. Ruby was pressing herself against Jet's chest in fear of opening her away.

"Hey Ruby, open your eyes we're okay." He said to her as she whimpered afraid to do so. Talon frowned at how scared she was right now before an idea reached his head and he decided to wrap his arm around her while holding the handle on the zipline. "I won't let you go I promise." He said softly to her.

Those words caused her to open her eyes slowly as she looked out and her eyes widen in awe. She felt like she was one with the wind itself, her body, and her heart being on another plane of existence. She always wanted to run as fast as the wind. In another world, she would probably have a power where she did have super speed and such.

Ruby then took this time to look up at Jet, watching him as he held her close to his chest as he continued yelling in excitement. Her cheeks slowly flushed before she realized that she was looking at Talon for a long time and she quickly buried her face back in his chest out of embarrassment. Glancing her head out every few seconds to make sure he didn't notice.