Chapter 6

~Adora Rossi's Perspective~

It was after the second day of Monaco qualifiers and I watched as the boys tried to keep up with one another on the track. I wore a black Formula One shirt with Rock Revival jeans, courtesy of Throwback's concept photoshoot. As quali wrapped, I waited with Delanie and Evi at the side of the track, Delanie making small talk to Nicholas Todt, Charles' manager.

"He's totally into you, Ado," Vi whispered into my ear, a sly grin with it.

"We're friends Vi, just like you and Lando," I whispered back, her face taken aback.

"Yeah. Just like me and Lando," she said, now looking off into the distance. If there was one thing I knew about my best friend, it was her body language and tone of voice. She was lying, straight to my face. But would I call her out on it? No. We might be together all the time but we still gave each other privacy. She told me about flings all the time but would hid things she was serious about. If her and Lando were to be serious, I needed to leave it alone. Charles came up to us only a few minutes later, waving to me with a smile before talking to his manager. He left soon after, only to return minutes later driving a Ferrari 812 Superfast. The car was gorgeous, the engine sounding like music to my ears. He parked the car on the track and came up to me.

"From the look on your face, you know exactly what kind of car this is," he laughed, messing with the keys in his hand.

"Yeah, of course I do. It's an 812, one of the most expensive cars I've ever seen this close up," I said in awe, taking in the beaut in front of me. "It's a 6.5Liter correct? V-12?" I asked, looking over every detail of the car.

"Wow, yeah that's it. I knew you liked racing but didn't know you were this into cars as well," he laughed nervously, his hand brushing over his neck. "Well, this is the car for the Hot Wheels video. My own Superfast."

"You're kidding. You're letting me drive her," I said, looking up to him from the car.

"Yeah! That's fine, right?"

"Of course it is, oh my god, I just wasn't expecting you to let anybody drive a car worth so much!"

"Okay you two, questions for each other on these cards. Passenger asks the driver questions and please, stick to the cards. Don't worry if you don't get through all the questions in one lap, it's just a guideline. Oh and Charles, don't exceed 200 kilos. Absolute max is 250 on the straight," Nicholas instructed. We both agreed, heading to the car that now had cameras throughout. Charles was to drive first, that way I could see what the track was like before I drove, which is very smart decision planning.

"You got your notecard?" Charles asked, one hand on the wheel, the other on the gear shift.

"Uh, yeah, I think-" and before I could even think straight, the car was off and we were going 100 kmh. "CHARLES WHAT THE HELL?"

"Get to asking questions, sweetheart. I know my home track better than the back of my hand.

"Shit, okay. Uhm, out of every song of mine, which is your favorite?"

"New album or older ones as well?"

"Any album," I said, my heart jumping out of my chest. He was a driver, I trusted him with my life in this car, but I was holding the door like my life was out of reach.

"Definitely Save Your Tears with The Weeknd on Telepathy." He smiles at me, then back to the road.

"Why is that your favorite song?"

"Uhm, probably your voice. It's absolutely beautiful, you know. And the whistle note when you performed it live."

"You've watched the live performance. Aww, Charles, that's so sweet," I say, not even noticing the playful tone I was giving. "Okay, next is what do you think my favorite dish would be?"