Chapter 35

~Charles Leclerc's Perspective~

"I want you to adore me, Adora. Let me be your muse. Let me be the beauty you see in the world and incorporate into your songs. I want the song to so badly be about me and not the meadow. I want your songs to be about you loving me just as much as I love you. Because I do love you Adora. And in the past 7, almost 8 months, I've only realized I love you more and more by the second."

The words spilled from my lips with no remorse, the look on Adora's face unrecognizable. Before I could think, her lips were on mine. They were soft and delicate, yet she pulled me closer by the second. My heart beat radically, the sensation new yet so warm and welcoming. We separated for a split moment, sharing a heavy breath before reuniting, trying so desperately to be even closer to one another. I had waited so long for this yet I could tell from this kiss that she had too. We pulled away once more and she ran her hand through my hair, her smile enchanting me.

"I have been waiting so long for you to say that. You have no idea." I sighed, a breath of relief escaping my lungs as my face burned from the heat of my so-obvious blush.

"You have no idea how many times I've wanted to kiss you. At the meadow, at the track, when we went to Chicago, just so many times where the moment was right but it never happened. But I meant what I said." I took a deep breath, my rambling taking the air out of me faster than I could've previously imagined. "I love you. I love you so much that I can't deny it anymore. I want you to be mine. I want you to be the girl I kiss every time I finish on the track. The woman I go back with and when I retire, spend my days with. Because in a career where nothing is certain, I want you to be the thing in my life that is."

"Charles," she paused, her words lingering in the cool air surrounding us.

She was beautiful, sure, but she was more than that. Her intelligence was far superior to mine and while that usually scares other men, it made me all the more interested. Her voice was a melody on its own, whether she was singing or not. Every second I got to hear it, I fell more and more entranced. And her humbleness was something I could adore from miles away. She never bragged about her status but instead forgot about it when she could. Her integrity and honest values were something I wish I held myself to, even though its difficult to be up from with your beliefs at times. She's grateful for everything she experiences and appreciates the people around her, never once making you or herself forget how much she loves everything that surrounds her. She's clearly patient, sticking around even though I took so long to be transparent. And she has fun, not letting any moment take away from her happiness when she's doing what she loves. She's strong-willed and never afraid to speak her mind, showing she has the drive and commitment to achieve whatever she puts her mind to. Adora Rossi was the most perfect woman I have ever come to know and I could comment on her positive assets without an end.

"Charles, I feel the same way. These past few months I have fueled all my emotions into making music because I, for whatever reason, had myself convinced we were just friends. When I found out we almost kissed in the hotel room in the Netherlands yet you never told me, I assumed it was a drunk mistake that you didn't mean to happen."

"Adora," I took a deep breath it, letting my lungs feel the heavy inhale. "I've wanted to be something with you since Spain. I didn't realize how much I helplessly gravitated to you til after I started showing you my safe places. And my Italian on the podiums always had something to do with you, even if you couldn't understand it. That was my outlet, while music was yours."

"Charles. What are we going to do about us?" Adora laughed, her breath shaky while letting herself drift from thought to reality.

"Adora, will you be mine?"

"As long as you promise to adore me, even after listening to the album."

"Of course."

~An Hour Later~

After getting ready in each others company, Adora and I found ourselves walking to the after-party fashionably late. The late night breeze brushed our sides, our hands interlocked as the club came into view. I looked to the brunette next to me, earning a nod and a deep breath before walking in. We made our way to the table, the drivers stunned as they looked between the two of us to find our fingers intertwined.

"Well, it's about damn time," Max laughed, everyone joining in. Shots were poured quickly and made their way in front of everyone, smiles as we held our shots to the center of the table.

"Oh, let me get this one!" Evi smiled, everyone waiting for her toast. She thought carefully for a moment, Adora smiling as she looked into her best friends eyes. "To Charles and Adora, for finally getting over their cowardly ways and finally getting their shit together."

"Cheers," we all said in unison, laughing as we let the shots make their way down our throats. After a few more rounds, Adora's hand made its way back to mine, tugging in the direction of the dance floor. I followed, other drivers catching the memo and making their way behind us. The purple lights hit Adora from the perfect perspective, her eyes sparkling.

"My song, oh my god, it's my song," she said excitedly, her head swaying to the music. In the background played her live recording of the way things go, people in the crowd singing the song with all their hearts. Her hands made their way to my shoulders, interlocking with eachother behind my neck. I grabbed her waist and began to dance with her, listening as she sang her song in front of me. The smile on my face grew before a camera flashed, chuckles coming from behind the light. I looked over to see Lewis and Evi, the pair taking pictures of the moment.

"You two are ridiculous. It isn't exactly public, you know."

Word Count: 1,080