14

In season 5 when the party realizes Will has to die for Verna to be killed, everyone is depressed and heartbroken obviously. Actually Will sacrifices himself, telling El to kill him after she kills Vecna. No one can watch because of how devastating the situation is. No one expected anything to go wrong or for anyone to step out of line. But Mike does. El, stopping at the last second. Everyone starts yelling at Mike and asking what the hell is wrong with him. Mike freezes, his eyes filled with tears that only Will notices. Will is heartbroken seeing Mike so stressed out. He offers to talk to Mike in a separate room. Mike reluctantly agrees and the two boys go into a room that's separated from the rest of the group.

"Mike, what's wrong? This has to happen, we all know this has to happen." Will fights back tears, his voice shaking. A few tears fall from Mikes eyes and he shakes his head violently.

"No! You're going to die for no reason!" Mike argues while wiping his tears with his sleeves.

"Mike I have to-" Will begins to argue back but Mike cuts him off.

"No! I don't want you to die because of Vecna because then you'll disappear off the face of the earth. So can we please just come up with a new plan?! Because I love you and I can't lose you again!" Mike shouts, now crying more. He seems a little taken aback by his own words, however he doesn't seem to regret saying them.

Will is in complete shock. Now he isn't sure what to do. He stays silent. He knows that as long as he's alive, Vecna will be alive. But he can't leave Mike here alone. Now that he knows Mike loves him back.

So Will is faced with a choice...who will he put first: himself and his happiness, or the rest of the world?