frustration - devin booker

*hints of smut*

omniscient
phoenix, arizona

"tell me you don't never wanna lose me

"tell me you don't never wanna lose me." serenity hums lightly to the lyrics of the song playing through her airpods as she prepared dinner for the evening. she was home alone; anticipating the return of her boyfriend, who was playing a home basketball game for the phoenix suns.

unfortunately, serenity wasn't able to watch the match due to a last minute emergency at work. so unbeknownst to her, the phoenix suns lost their match against the Celtics.

the young lady adds finishing touches to the plates before setting it gently on the table. she steps back proudly, admiring the display in front of her.

"you ate that one lil thing, ren." she says gassing herself up as she claps.

as she admires the display, she is disrupted by the door to their home slamming heavily against the oak panel. the force was so strong that picture frames around the house rattled. serenity jumps back in fear and her boyfriend comes into view causing her to calm back down.

"oh my gosh dev, you scared me." she clutches at her chest smiling.

serenity's smile immediately drops when takes in her boyfriends demeanour and knew something was not right. his muscles were tense, his breath coming out in sharp, frustrated bursts. the game had been a disaster—a humiliating loss in front of a packed arena. even more embarrassing was the fact it was a home game in Arizona.

the whole game lacked good performance with  missed shots and turnovers. he felt the sting of every mistake, every disappointed gaze from the fans, and it burned through him like fire. he felt like he let the whole of Arizona down.

"dev what's wrong?" a look of concern immediately washes over serenity's face.

instead of responding, devin just tosses his keys onto the counter with more force than necessary. serenity's brown eyes flickered in confusion as she watches the keys skid across the counter and land on the floor harshly.