traitor - king combs

^^ play the song whilst reading the chapter

alana's pov

i open my phone as i receive a dm from breah, one of chris' friends

breahhicks wants to dm you.

hey, ik we don't talk like that but i have to get something off my chest.

erm... ok

me and chris have been fooling around for almost 3 years. i'm so sorry that this has happened but i love chris so much and as a woman you don't deserve this so i just wanted to tell you.

i felt my world stop as i read the message over and over again, to make sure i was reading it correctly.

thank you for telling me this. but some ppl don't have pure intentions and lie to ruin relationships.
im not calling you a liar but can i see some proof.

i lock my phone as i wait for her anxiously to reply. deep down in my heart i knew it was probably true. things weren't adding up. my heart clenched as i heard the ding of my phone. i opened the message and saw 8 attachments. i scrolled through the pictures of them together and the messages. even a sex tape.

wow.

again im really sorry i didn't mean for this to happen. i wanted to stop right away but i fell in too deep.

seen

i didn't know how to respond. i just opened it and left it there. i put my head in my hands as i sobbed. i look to the bed side table and see a picture of us together i pick the frame up and smash it on the ground.

i walk around the house smashing photos and knocking everything everywhere on the ground.

i couldn't believe that after 3 years chris would do me like that. i made my way back upstairs.

"what the fuck happened here?" i hear chris downstairs. i hear him rushing up the stairs. "babe?" he frantically yells.

he opens the door and sees me lying on the bed crying. make up roughly smudged on my face.

"what happened are you ok?" chris says as he engulf me in a hug. i cry harder.

"so you and breah, huh. almost 3 years?" i ask him. he lets go of me and looks me in the eyes.

in that moment i looked in his guilty brown eyes and cried harder. he realised he's been caught. all the little white lies were starting to make sense.

he sighs. "how do you know about this, alana?"

"she dmmed me." i reply. we sat in silence for a few minutes as we both thought about what to say. "when did this start?"