𝟎𝟏, 𝘌𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥

In the cell, I lay on my bunk, lost in my thoughts

In the cell, I lay on my bunk, lost in my thoughts. Octavia's voice faded into the background. The walls felt suffocating, and I struggled with the monotony. I closed my eyes, seeking solace, but the specter of madness loomed closer. In the silence, uncertainty engulfed me, a prisoner of my mind.

Sleep was my only refuge in this desolate place, the thin thread that kept my sanity from unraveling completely.

"Reyna, are you even listening?" Octavia's voice cut through the stillness, a familiar sound in the oppressive silence of our cell. She was my only friend, my anchor in this sea of isolation.

"no" I mumbled, closing my eyes and leaning against the cold pillow.

"Seriously," Octavia retorted, a hint of tiredness in her voice. I opened my eyes, shooting her a sideways glance.

After they moved me, Octavia became my cellmate. She was a ray of light in the darkness of our confinement. We shared our stories, our fears, and our hopes. When she revealed that she was Bellamy's sister, it added a layer of complexity to our connection. Her arrest for the mere act of being born filled me with sadness, a sentiment I couldn't fully comprehend.

"I'm tired of being in here. It's making me go crazy," I muttered, still lying on my bed.

"Reyna, stop it," Octavia groaned. "I don't want you saying you're going crazy because I will too, okay?"

"Well, I am!" I declared. "I haven't seen my mother or talked to anyone besides you and the guards."

"Be glad you have someone as awesome as me to talk to," she teased, sending a smile my way.

I let out a small laugh. She was right. Octavia was awesome, a comforting presence in this sea of despair. I opened my mouth to respond, but our cell door swung open aggressively before I could.

"Prisoners 256 and 257, face the wall," a guard ordered, marching inside our cell with two others in tow. The door was left open, revealing chaos unfolding outside. Kids were being pulled from their rooms in all directions.

"What's going on?" Octavia demanded.

"Both of you, face the wall," the guard sternly repeated.

Octavia shot me a nervous look, and I nodded in silent reassurance. We turned to face the wall, uncertainty and fear hanging in the air like a heavy cloud.

"Stick out your right arm"

I did as they told me. Octavia did the same, and soon enough, metal bracelets were snapped onto our wrists. I felt a slight pinch as if needles were being injected into my skin.

"This way," the guard instructed, and we were ushered out into the hall.

Other guards grabbed our arms, guiding us through the chaotic scene of open cell doors and confused teenagers.

"What the hell is going on right now?" I asked.

They ignored me as we emerged into a hall filled with a line of teenagers.

Octavia said something, but my mind was racing, trying to comprehend the sudden turn of events. Guards pushed us into the line, and I managed to discreetly take one of their guns, concealing it at my hip.

As we made our way to the front of the line, the lady with the tablet asked for our names. Octavia, ever defiant, questioned the necessity of sharing our identities.

"First and last names?" the lady repeated.

"Reyna Kane and Octavia Blake," I answered before Octavia could add more resistance.

She directed us down a tunnel that led to a ladder, confirming my suspicion that we were being sent to a ship.

"Go strap in," the man at the door ordered. We were indeed in some ship, along with other juvenile prisoners.

I listened, taking Octavia's hand, and we found two empty seats next to each other.

"They're sending us to Earth," I informed her.

"What? That's impossible," Octavia half-screamed.

"It's possible if the Ark is doing this."

I strapped in, and Octavia followed soon after, waiting for more kids to fill the seats.

They are sending us down to earth...

-ɢᴇɴᴇsɪs speakingI hate this

-ɢᴇɴᴇsɪs speaking
I hate this

Vote, comment, or follow!