07. lost in mistakes

jungkook hesitates from her cold and hurting stares. he never does even when he's at the urge of dying or even when his father tells him to be a man at the age of ten.

but, this moment right here with his face so close to jennie's, grasps onto his throat and makes him tongue-tied. perhaps it may be because of her mature angelic facial features, the conception of his manly hands on her warm firm waistline, or the sweet vanilla breath fully blown onto his pink lips.

he has been around other women and of course, has been in close interaction with them but he wasn't as highly strung as he is now in front of her.

the night breeze fluffed through their body cracks, reminding jennie that she was still outside the venues. she furrowed her brows to comprehend his harsh words and voluntarily pushed him away. he stumbles from her like a force that took him by surprise.

she gaped at him, loathing until her eyes turned red and the puddle of her visions wet a bit of her lower lashes. she didn't fit here; the bright venues of shining floorings and gold ceilings of thousands of dollars.

she stayed silent knowing she didn't need to justify herself on being here or arguing with him. this wasn't his party nor his place to tell her about herself.

he looked down at his ripped shirt and so did she. he was crossed about his shirt but glanced over to find the leer on her face. he thought she'd be guilty of the shirt but she wasn't sorry for it and instead wore her high heel before walking back inside, fixing her hair to her shoulder and pulling down her tight dress.

he grappled his fist and was infuriated. unless she paid for the shirt button she had broken he wasn't going to leave her alone. he followed her right inside to instruct her about his shirt.

the crowd cheered the moment he stepped inside the back door and a spotlight found him. the bright light shined on him making him lose sight of where jennie had gone.

"please welcome jeon jungkook to give a speech about being our company's top stakeholders!"

jungkook smiled fraudulently and gave everyone a wave before fixing his shirt. some men in the crowd patted his shoulders in pride and pushed him to walk to the spotlight of where the announcer was. he looked around but lost sight of her.

jennie located chungha clapping with the others at the table where she had sat earlier and pulled her arm up. chungha's smile faded out when she was snatched towards the door and out of the red carpet, leaving the event.

"what's the matter?" chungha asked catching up to jennie's footsteps.

jennie glimpsed back wanting to explain why she took her out of the venue but chungha noticed her red eyes and just immediately she peeked back inside, "did something happen to you?"

chungha squeezed her hands back but jennie shook her head. in that instance, she didn't want her best friend to worry about her. today was her day and jennie didn't want to mention something that she could easily ignore. she couldn't convey to chungha what jungkook had said to her but she wanted to let her know that she didn't want to be here any longer.

"i'm just a bit exhausted from the big crowd," jennie says.

chungha took out her phone that instant and called their ride. she had good news for jennie but it wasn't a good time to tell her. she knew jennie didn't like crowds so this event may have terrified her a bit. but, chungha appreciated her coming out for this one and the best she could do was to take care of jennie and bring her home if she insisted on staying.