Chapter 1

Two cats were walking by the river in Mudclan, one named Poppyclaw, and the other Gullfeather.  "I love this area, its so beautiful." Said Poppyclaw. 

Gullfeather replied with "I agree.. Now lets go back to our den shall we?" While they walked back, Cocostar yelled "ALL CATS OLD ENOUGH TO CATCH THEIR OWN PRAY, GATHER FOR A CLAN MEETING!" 

When they came, all the Mudclan cats were there and Cocostar began talking. 

"I have a sad, but very important announcement. Our deputy has lived a long, loyal, happy life, but its safe to say, he's passed. I will now be selecting a new deputy."  She came down and looked around the large group of cats in front of her. 

"Oh, i hope its me!" Poppyclaw whispered to Gullfeather. Finally, Cocostar made her decision. 

"Morningsap, step fourth. This is a very serious role to take. Do you promise to follow the code and be as loyal as you can?" Cocostar asked. 

"Oh yes, i promise!" Morningsap replied.  

"Congratulations!" Said the other cats to Morningsap. Poppyclaw was slightly sad, but more importantly, he was grateful the clan had a kind deputy. Just as the meeting was over and Poppyclaw, Gullfeather, and several other warriors walked back to their den, a leaf fell off the stiff branch in front of the entrance, landing on Gullfeathers head. Poppyclaw gave a slight chuckle, and Gullfeather looked at him fiercely. 

"Im sorry, the look on your face.." Gullfeather groaned and walked into the den. "Do you think I'll ever be deputy?" Poppyclaw remarked. Gullfeather chuckled and responded. 

"Of course, I'll make you deputy." 

"How would that be? Are you planning to overthrow the leader?!" Poppyclaw jokingly asked. 

"What? NO! I'm planning on working my way up to being leader." An unfamiliar cat jumped into the den and shocked them. 

"Thats nice!" They said. 

"AH!!!" Poppyclaw jumped back behind Gullfeather. 

"WHO ARE YOU?!" 

"What? I thought you would know!"