Work-life balance

After a while, George excused himself to go to the Soul Advancement Complex. Amanda asked him why she couldn't accompany him there, at which he answered that he didn't want anything bad to happen to her, especially her cold worsening. With those words, George set off to the complex, while telling some stories from his pre-descention life to Amanda. When he reached the complex, he immediately entered, not even bothering to test himself, telling Amanda that he will test himself after dinner. With that, he led Amanda's spirit shard to the chamber he was training in last, and opened the power seal,  immediately making her realize why he was so worried. 

Amanda immediately dissolved the fragment and completely focused on her main body. She was really cold, and the effect didn't seem to dissipate for a long time. She also noticed that she wasn't able to manifest her ethereal body for a few seconds no matter how hard she tried. After she managed to do that, she was terrified at the sight of it: Her ethereal body, especially its face and hands was covered with blue frost, despite it was slowly melting under the room temperature. 

Meanwhile, George continued his training with his batch of ten active clones. However, after several iterations, he started noticing that the room wasn't becoming as cold as before. He also noticed that his hands started being covered in a rectillinear pattern, which was slowly warming itself up, and when the refinery started letting out some turbojet noises, the pattern was almost covering his fingers completely, as well as producing uncomfortable heat. Then, George retracred his clones, exited his chamber, and proceeded to a more high-level one, avoiding the occupied chambers as he didn't want to injure anyone. However, he couldn't get much progress no matter how much he fine-tuned his clone amount. He still stuck to the procedure despite the progress being only slightly faster than the previous refinery, since he was at an advantage regardless. When the dinner bell rang, George left his chamber after some hesitation, and went out of the complex. 

He was quite surprised when he saw Amanda near the entrance, and right after greeting him, she asked to show her the results. She wasn't expecting much, but she knew that he was already familiar with the magic language, and given the fact that he was apparently from the pre-magic era, he had no reason to lie about his level. To her surprise, however, George started muttering something in half-magic half-english: "Yotokvonul, so it's a rock of... change to fire probably has something to do with heating it up or even melting, and -nul means it doesn't have much time...". Immediately after that, George replied: "Early Smelter Soul". That couldn't not leave a massive impression on Amanda. She had neither heard nor read about a person who coul advance more than two sublevels in a month, and even most of the latter cases were only jumps to mid-Campfire or below. Of course, Amanda was shocked by that, and asked him to re-test after dinner. 

After dinner, George and Amanda rushed to the complex in order to not go through the queue, and their efforts paid off: The queue hadn't elongated much by that point, so they were able to get through in about a minute. When George placed his hand on the tester, the same inscription lit up as in his private test, and the operator told him that his level was indeed early Smelter Soul as he had self-diagnosed previously. Amanda did expect George to be truthful, but the realization of her fellow mage's terrifyingly fast progress left a mark on her. 

After that, George noted that he could report his success, but he understood that it wasn't the right timing, since the master would probably not show up at that time. Amanda had no plans for the time and she wasn't against spending some more time with George. She tried her spirit projection once again, and George sensed it after a while. he used "Yash ve yohaya" once again, which allowed him to see Amanda's construct. He then slowly moved his hand toward it, and halfway through asked if he could touch it, explaining that he got some warm aura during his refinement instead of his usual cold. Wanting to try that out, Amanda moved her construct closer, and George petted the construct, and for Amanda it was nothing like the first time he did that. There wasn't that whole-body cold sensation, but a warm one instead, similar to a gust of warm wind going through her hair, despite her hair wasn't moving. She commented on how surprisingly good that felt, after which George gave the construct another series of "headpats", making Amanda a little embarassed and asking him to stop. George immediately understood her request, and put his hand off of the construct, making her a little relieved but still extremely flustered.