The Dangers of a Balcony

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't written in forever, but I have been very busy lately, and now I am going to get back on track, so keep on reading!

     Jayze had his hand firmly planted on my wrist. I didn't know what to do. How had he gotten past the guards? We have maximum security. It made no sense. I thought of hypnotizing him or something. But that could be dangerous. "Wh-what are you doing here?" I asked. Jayze's smile was evil and malevolent. "I have come to warn you and your filthy race. We are more powerful, and when we are done, those robes will be burnt to ashes." My throat throbbed with fear. "We will fight until every last Ivorian is dead. We will not be the first to back down."
     Jayze loosened his grip and his smiled turned into a sharp scowl. I risked my life and tore away. I ran towards the door, but it was firmly locked. Jayze didn't even try to stop me. He knew that whatever I did, I couldn't get out. I was trapped. Jayze's yellow eyes flickered, like an idea had passed over his face. "Maybe I will take you, take you hostage, maybe then the council will come out and fight like real warriors. If they even are." That was bad news. I had a duty to the Ivorian dynasty and it's people.
     I looked right into Jayze's startling gaze, and said, "you may take me to wherever you filthy creatures are hiding, you may torture me until I have no will to live, but I will fight as if the Ivorian army lives inside me, for the Ivorian army is always behind me." Jayze clapped his hands slowly and surely. "Bravo, bravo, what a wonderful speech. I take it those are your last words, because where I am taking you, you will never see the light of day again. You will never hear the joyous chorus of your people sing again. You will be all alone."
     I gulped. I may have a very high place of authority in the council, but I was very frightened. Then, just then, I had the most crazy idea ever. And while Jayze blabbed on and on. I ran to the balcony. Risking my life, I did something no one else would think of doing in their right mind. I jumped.