A Small Taste of Victory

I squinted my eyes shut, hoping that I wouldn't kill myself. Maybe I shouldn't have attempted this after all. Even so, the ground must have been coming closer to my face by the second, so I took a deep breath, and sang,

You were given to me for friendship and help
Now rise from the ocean and your nest of kelp
I am in the greatest need
Come now my water steed

     I took a chance and opened my eyes, and screamed. "Ahhhh!" It is actually very scary falling off a balcony. I looked off into the distance where the ocean lay. Then, yes! A sea dragon broke the surface of the water. It's turquoise scales shimmered in the sun, and it's long wet whiskers were shining. This is Reeanna. She was given to me when I first made my home at the dynasty. She was meant to be a life long friend, and a grand protector. She flew through the the air, dappling the dynasty with droplets of sea water.
     The ground was coming up fast, would Reeanna make it? I prepared myself for pain and death. Closing my eyes, I felt impact. I felt no pain, the ground was smooth, yet rough at the same time. I opened my eyes. I was riding on the back of Reeanna. We flew up in the sky. I looked behind me, and saw Jayze was flying after us. I held onto Reeanna's thick whiskers, and looked ahead. I promised myself to not look back, afraid of what I would see. I looked at Reeanna's eye, a once glowing yellow eye was now being clouded over by a faint red.
     "Reeanna?" I watched her eyes turn to slits. "Reeanna what's going on? Stay strong please!" But she didn't. Her eyes closed and we plunged towards the ground. Right into a forest.