A Different Mission

Kylie's POV
     I watched my new army fight with enchanted swords on the lawn. I looked back at the...castle? It looks like a castle, even though we're not a monarchy. Where was Brooke? She promised she would watch battle practice. Did her absence have to do with the sleeping spell? I had taken the army out into the woods for practice on unfamiliar terrain. When we got back, everyone was asleep. Akir tells me there was an attack. Apparently a werewolf had broken into the...castle. Yeah I'm just going to call it a castle.
     I wonder if the werewolf was Jayze. Had he done something with Brooke? I started to think Brooke wasn't even in the village. I went over to two of my soldiers. Kadir, Akir's brother, who resembled a lion, and Zayde, who had elvish features. Kadir was important in the army, he was second in command. "Kadir." I said. He looked up from his small fight with Zayde. "Yes Captain?" I looked back at the castle again. "I have to run an errand, I am leaving you in charge." I said. Kadir nodded.
     "You can count on me." Said Kadir. I nodded to them and made my way up to the castle. I adjusted my leather cheastplate. I smiled at the thought of the old me, who thought the leather would be good for nothing. But it turned out to be dragon hide. I walked down halls, and nodded to different people. I came to a dark hallway and strode down to the door at the end of it. I knocked. "Come in!" Said the voice of the Chief. I turned the titanium knob and walked in. Akir turned.
    He wore his blue council robes that were gilded with pictures of every day life. "Captain Kylie! I have been meaning to speak with you." He said. I narrowed my eyes. "What?" I had forgotten all about what I had been meaning to tell him. "Brooke is being held hostage at the werewolf hideout." Akir said. "What!" I yelled. "By Jayze?" I asked. Akir nodded. "You and Rex will unite and save her." He said. "I'll get to see Rex again?" I said happily. "But how will we find her?" I asked.
   "Her GPS." He said. I widened my eyes in disbelief. "Surely it must be blocked? The werewolves aren't that dumb." I said. Akir shrugged. "She is bait. They want us to rescue her. But if you went carefully and quietly, that would be a different story." I thought for a moment. "You want Rex and I to pretend to be werewolves?" I said, Akir shrugged, "not necessarily. Go now. Think." I nodded while I walked through the the same halls again. "Oh, and Kylie," I turned back around, "be careful, this is different than a dome battle."
     I gave him a reassuring glance and kept walking. Boy I can't wait to kick so werewolf butt.