27

↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺

𝓐𝓻𝓬𝓪𝓭𝓮

By Duncan Laurence

Isabella

Oh god. What is happening? Why is Cedric sitting with these men? Why? Is... he related to them, somehow?  I look a him as he kneels down to me. But his eyes look even more lifeless than they ever did. He used to be warm yet his eyes were cold. Today he stands unfazed and his eyes...his eyes are just dead...  

I don't dare to touch him, or talk to him. I immediately look away, feeling betrayed. I am just an asset. On top of that I am defective.  A soft smile forms on my lips... 

(Tw s*icidal thoughts/attempt, P.S the author does not encourage such kind of behaviour niether is trying to promote it. Stay safe, angels. You deserve better and you know that.)

I am going to... I am going to k*ll my self!

Cedric looks at me and frown as he tries to pull me ... into a hug... No no no no no no. I am being fooled. I m fooled by everyone. EVERY ONE! I push him strongly and run towards the table where the cup of his hot chocolate is. The other two guys try to walk towards me but Cedric stops them with just a small gesture from his hand. 

He is their boss...

How could I be so dumb? How could I be so...useless? Wait no... I was used... I raise the cup as I smack it against the table. I don't deserve any of this.  I thought I deserved better. I...I have never done anything wrong to anyone. I always wished for the best...for everyone... My bullies, my classmates, my teachers, my colleaugues, my supervisor  and my family.

 I will k*ll myself.  I don't even realise but the blood trickles down my hand along with the left over hot chocolate. Cedric is already walking to me as he clenches his jaw. He is angry... At who? Me? Why? Or himself?

I raise the piece of glass to my throat as I throw my head back, slightly. Cedric immediately grabs both my wrists and his weight causes my back to hit the table. I thrash against his tight hold but for nothing. He holds me so carefully yet strongly but it does not hurt at all. I shiver at his intense gaze on me. And his eyes beg me to drop the piece of sharp object which is  causing  my hand to bleed. He shakes his head as I use all my force to bring that piece to my neck. A little scatch. Just a little. Please.

 With one hand he holds both my wrists and with the other he tries to take the object from me but I tighten my grip on it. Why won't he let me die? My palm engulfs the object as it causes more pain.  I laugh at him as he tries his best to make me leave that little piece which could take my life. What will he do now? He can't threaten me with a gun, can he? I will gladly accept the bullet. 

As I snicker him like a maniac his face turns into realm of panic. Real panic. For me? No No No No No No... He wants to keep me alive so that he can use me in the future. Isn't that the reason for is panic. I didn't even notice but the oain in my hand was so bad that I let go of my weapon. Cedric let go off my wrists and I fell to the ground.

 My hands shaking in fear, panic, shame, loathe. I grabbed his collar with my shakey hands as I shook him. He didn't say anything or tried to explain anything. When my arms got tired of shaking his body by his collar they slowly fall down to his chest for support. I look down as my hands still rest on his chest. He peeps at my face to check if I am done with my actions. Slowly he raises his hand and keeps it on my injured hand. A warm touch, unlike his dead grey eyes. 

 He gently takes mine in his and kisses my hand. A soft kiss, and so warm that I feel like I have been covered by the finest,softest, and warmest blankets. For some reason I can't seem to depict what is going on in his mind but his dead eyes show a change and convey a sense of relief.  My breathing returns to normal but I continue to cry silently. I don't say anything and he doesn't either.  He pulls me closer to him and just hugs me. Such a small gesture but such  a strong effect it has. My body literally melts as his heat transfers to me.

 He picks me up in  his arms and walks up the stairs, for a minute I feel there is something wrong but he looks at me reassuringly. We enter a room which I am totally unfamiliar with. he puts me on the bed and walks over to his bed side table and pulls out  a box out of there. He brings it to me and takes out oitments and bandages. He takes my hand starts to clean my wound. I wince.

 He let's go of my hand and gestures for the first time since I have been here. " You shoulve thought about it before doing it." I don't say anything and just look at my lap. It is very confusing to think about who is giving silent treatment. Him or me?  He bandages my hand and I slightly look at him as he keeps staring at my bandaged hand. His shirt is covered with my blood. I ruined it so bad. I bite my lip due to my stupid act down there. Was I thinking irrationally? 

"Tell me when you are hungry-

"Why? Why did you do that? Those men are the same guys who..." I couldn't bring myself to gesture because my hand was hurting but not only that but I was too tired and hurt emotionally. 

He clenches his jaw but doesn't say anything. He looks... ashamed? I feel so afraid of him right now. But he is the one who gave me the warmth that I needed. That was for his own benefit but why did it feel so real. It felt so real.  "You used me... Tell me what you wan't from me... And then... Then I can go. You can let me go after that." After reading my gesture his eyes shot into mine. I saw... pain and regret. I did.  He looks at me so painfully that I feel like hugging him but when he gestures next, my heart clenches with the pain I felt when I heard that our house was burning and I would lose my only family, my grandma.  "I wan't to hurt Cole. I wan't him to get down on his knees. He claimed you as his. And I ruined it for him. Everything, I did in the past was to get on his nerves. I k*lled his father. I ordered them to.. to do that stuff to you... Cole was about to marry you and I took you away from him just like how I will take everythings that belongs to him. Maybe you won't be able to leave." I read all his gestures carefully and it felt like I was being stabbed. 

K*lled his father? Cole is his enemy? I don't belong to Cole. I don't belong to anyone. Cole claimed me as his? Why? Why did they have to find a poor mute girl who was living a peaceful life?  Whatever he said about me did bother me but what caught my attention was 'kill'. He k*lled Cole's father? I am stuck in between murderers... I had seen Cole k*lling that bald man and it still haunts me but the thought of Cedric k*lling someone just didn't seem to appear infront of my eyes. My brain denied to imagine such a scene... My breath hitched as Cedric stood up. This is not him... Cedric is someone I trusted. 

Cedric

I did use her and I know it. I regret telling her that I k*lled Cole's father. I am no better than Cole, in her eyes. But when she siad that she would leave after I was done using her, I felt empty... I... wanted her near me. I wanted to be there... For her, perhaps? I did so wrong. I used this innocent woman for my personal gains. And I knew it all along. I am no good for her... But I want her near me. I don't want to see her suffer in that monster's hands. He will destroy her. He will play with her and throw her away... And that would hurt her... And I wouldn't want that. I am heading towards the door but I hear a sob and when I look around, my heart breaks to see the woman that I just spent 1 month with, crying like a maniac... I can't resist it. I don't want to hurt her. I walk over to her but she flinches. She is the same woman who relied on my embrace and held onto me tightly. Don't do this Isabella. I am sorry... 

 VOTE YOU GUYS!! SHOULD I SERIOUSLY KILL ISABELLA NOW?! 

What do you think will happen next? Is Cedric just a d*ckhead like Cole or a walking EVERgreen flag? 

I want to hug Isabella so bad!!😭😭😭

And Don't worry about the male lead. Yk.