Chapter 11: Olivia's Drama and the Arcade

The next day, my phone was blowing up with text messages. I was beating myself up for not letting Olivia know I was sick. I couldn't call her, my throat was sore so I didn't feel like talking.

Olivia:

Are you ready??? We're leaving soon. You never called me back FYI

Kate:

Supes sorry girly. My mom wanted to go see a house and then I got sick. I have the stomach bug and so does Alex.

Olivia:

Dang, I'm going by myself, I assume?

Kate:
Yeah, sorry

Olivia never responded after that. Was she mad that I wasn't going? She never said: "Oh! Hope you feel better," or "Sorry, I hope you feel better soon." Nothing, and it kind of hurt my feelings. But I rubbed it off because she was really stressed about moving her life to Ohio. I felt better that day, it was a Thursday so Alex had to cancel his sleepover with Malachai. He was bummed about that.

Later that night, Olivia called me. I answered, even though I really didn't want to talk.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hi." She said.

"Are you in Ohio?"

"Yeah, we got here like thirty minutes ago," Olivia said.

"Cool."

"I called to talk to you about our little 'misunderstanding' earlier."

"Okay..." I said.

"Well, you should have called me earlier to tell me you couldn't come. And also, just because you didn't feel good, that didn't mean you couldn't still have come with us."

I was shocked by her words. Olivia had never said something like this. Was she being for real?

"Um, I'm sorry. Are you mad at me?" I asked, maybe it was kind of in a rude tone.

"Yeah, kinda. You should have called me, texted me, or something," she said.

"Okay, well I'm not trying to be rude but when I texted you, you didn't even say 'Hope you feel better,'" I said abruptly.

"There's no need to be rude," Olivia said.

"Um, well guess what? You're the one being rude! I don't have to do things for you! If I didn't feel like calling you, that's my business!" I yelled the last part so loud Mom came into the room.

"Is everything okay?" Mom asked.

I put my hand up, but it came off as rude. Mom raised her eyebrow at me. "I'm sorry," I mouthed. Mom shrugged and went back into her office.

"Are you serious?! You left me hanging! You didn't call me, you didn't text me! You said you'd call me back in thirty minutes! I'm moving away and you don't seem to care!"

"Ya know what? I don't care. You're a bratty, selfish, rude person," I lied. This was the only comeback I had at the moment. Olivia was an amazing friend, but after her words, I felt hurt. Olivia hung up on me. Tears filled my eyes, as Mom came back into the living room.

"What's wrong?" she asked me.

"Olivia was acting like a complete brat on the phone."

"What did she say?"

I explained everything to her, other than my last words. She was on my side, but, of course she was on my side, she was my mother.

***