𝟎𝟎𝟓. 𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐯𝐞𝐫

𝕾omehow, they all end up sitting in the backyard on a clear, starry night, chatting and admiring the view of the sky

Cassie glances at Madeleine who's doubling over in laughter in her chair as Cole continues his tirade of whatever she's finding funny, and a smile crosses her lips.

She knew it would be the right thing to do when she asked Madeleine to continue spending time over at the lake house with them even though June's away for a while.

And knew it was the right choice when June too texted her to let her know that Madeleine would be great company if she gets tired of the testosterone in the house.

Her eyes involuntarily track to where Trevor's sitting beside Alex but his gaze seems to keep zeroing in on the blonde cackling with his friend.

She still doesn't know what exactly went down between them — seems like no one does — but she knows that he broke her heart really bad and from the way he's been acting since Cassie showed up to witness it, he's trying to win her back.

It's clear in the way he keeps flirting with Madeleine and Madeleine keeps brushing it off.

Their banter is pretty entertaining though, she'll give them that.

With the attention off them for a while, Cassie feels like this is the right time to talk to Quinn.

So, she turns her head and finds him reclining in his chair with his eyes closed, enjoying the light breeze and chatter all around him.

He looks so at ease that it makes her smile.

He works really hard, she actually would argue that he works too hard and seeing him this relaxed makes her happy.

He is, despite what he might think, everything to her.

She might not be the best best friend in the history of best friends but she knows that no matter what, no one is ever going to mean what Quinn means to her.

That scares her a little sometimes but isn't that the basic criteria of loving and caring for someone?

"Hey", she brushes her hand against his arm, his eyes immediately shooting open to turn to her.

A smile melts his surprise, "Hey".

"I have something to tell you".

He raises his brows and straightens up, sitting up to turn completely towards her.

"Go on".