Into the Hunter's Den

"Don't worry, Mother will be back soon..."

"NO! Stay away! screams"

Flames roared on through the night as they enclosed the house. Everything from the inside to the out burned into nothing—pictures, books, everything a family worked for. In the middle of such chaos, a young girl's body was stricken with fear as she faced a giant lycan towering over her and her mother.

"R-Red run...please," the weak mother pleaded with her daughter, yet she did not move. Fear ran down her spine as she stared at the lycan, and it stared back.

"RR…Run."

-

The Rabbit's Foot

The sky was cloudy, and gray, the woods wet and murky. A pure white rabbit hopped around, looking for food. Its ears perked up as it stopped in its tracks, looking around. BANG! A shot rang throughout the forest as the white rabbit's fur was covered in red. The rabbit was dead. From the bushes, stood a young teenage girl wearing red, holding a rifle. She stared at the rabbit with little to no emotion on her face before picking it up by the ears and walking off. She reached a cabin home in the middle of the woods. The cabin was old but well-kept. The teen walked in, but from afar, someone was watching her.

Radio: "It's been 2 months since the Algerian Revolution—"

The girl changed the radio station to some jazzy music as she started to make rabbit stew. Until she heard a middle-aged man scream.

??? : "Aughhhhg! SOMEONE HELP ME M-MONSTERS!"

The girl grabbed her rifle and ran out of the cabin to see the man being attacked by three large inhumane monsters.

The young girl landed in front of the man as her red hooded cloak flowed in the air. The girl turned to face the man.

Young girl: "Beat it or die, your choice..."

The man, confused, stammered.

Young girl: "Tch...GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!"

As she yelled, the creatures lunged at them. The girl fired her rifle, taking down two of them but ran out of bullets. She then fought the remaining creature with her ax, eventually defeating it. The man, now revealed as the Headmaster, approached the girl, leading to a tense conversation.

Headmaster: "Well, she did say she wanted to die by the hands of a beast other than a common cold…you shouldn't dwell too much on her death, Red…"

Red: "How the hell do you know my name?"

Headmaster: "Your 'grandmother' told me about you in the letter she sent. Actually, you're the reason why I'm here.

Headmaster: "She wanted you to join the Church of Hunters…And from what I saw, you're more than inquirable to join."

Red: "Join you? Heh, well, you can forget that—"

Headmaster: "Actually, Red, you do… You see, the Church of Hunters are widely known around the world. That's why there are rules we follow, and one of them is to have a hunter's license."

Red stood there, contemplating the Headmaster's words.

Red's mind: "Hmph… If I join them, I will gain a hunter's license and finally be able to hunt down the wolf that killed my grandmother and my parents… And that's an opportunity I cannot pass by."

Red: "Hmph!...fine I'll join your church grandmother always did say give to the catholic church."

Headmaster: "Good choice…next stop, Red, is the main headquarters of the Church of Hunters!"

---

Red, after much deliberation, has made a life-changing decision to join the Church of Hunters. This decision has set her on a journey to delve into the world of hunting with the sole purpose of seeking retribution for her family. She is determined to leave no stone unturned in her quest for justice and vengeance and will stop at nothing to achieve her goal. The road ahead may be grim and perilous, but Red is steadfast in her resolve to see it through until the end.