Nightfall

Egeria POV:

I was caught off guard when Istaroth jumped on me. I felt like I went through a long slumber. I felt...soft, and...my eyes could see better. I looked at my hands, and legs, and I saw something. there were circles. Like those dolls who move. I put my hand behind my back and noticed I had a keyhole. And I never could forget that this was what had scared me. I was a puppet. An actual puppet.  I could see nervousness spreading on Istaroth's face as I looked at her helplessly. I turned my back, and she did too.

"If you want me to leave, just say so." -She sounded annoyed. Almost...as if she was another person.

"Leave then." -I said. As she turned to the door, I thought I saw some green light. I lay on my  bed and curled up into a ball. I let tears fall on my bed and stain them. Well, artificial. My head was spinning. Am I...now just a slave...destined to serve my creator? I'll never be a human/ Archon again. Fontaine without an Archon? At least they have a Sovereign looking after them. I decided to take a walk. Clearing my mind sounded nice. I stepped out of the hotel. The night sky looked facinating. So many gems spread far and wide on the blue ink hovering above everybody. A light breeze carrying dandelion seeds. A little laugh through the wind caught my ears. Since it was the middle of the night and no one was around, I decided to follow an attempt to catch the seeds. I held out my hands and attempted to catch the seeds. I felt so happy and forgot everything. When the seeds took a turn, I stopped shortly, almost face planting. My heels screeched as I grabbed the nearest wall in order to stop and pull myself out of the alleyway. I was breathing heavily. On a dark alley, a figure with wings was taking the soul of what appeared to be a phantom. Her weapon was absorbing the soul. I almost slipped. My adrenaline was high. I closed my eyes as the same large figure emerged out of the shadows and threw their weapon on my neck.

"Egeria?" -I heard one say, and I fainted.

Time skip

When I opened my eyes from the darkness, I gasped for air. I tried to look, but a blury face was blocking my view. I tried to sit up straight, but I couldn't. A hand went on my forehead, then my chest, where my heart used to be. It felt so heavy there. 

"Your gears are jammed, stay put." -I heard Istaroth's voice say as she walked out. 

I took a breath in, which idk how, since I'm a robot now, and exhaled. Maybe that will ease my pain. Nothing. Istaroth came back.

"You looked scared. I picked you up on an alleyway. What were you doing there?" -Istaroth asked. I explained the whole story as she fixed my gears. I would often gap and flinch, as it hurt to re-adjust my gears. Istaroth told me that I should be powered off by now, but she was hesitant to know what happened. Not even half way through the main event and she scolded me.

"It was a stupid idea to go outside this late at night. What in the right mind were you thinking?"

"Well, that  creepy person was about to attack me after absorbing that phantom's soul."

"!"

Istaroth stayed silent. After some uncomfortably quiet moments, she replied. 

"You're ok now." I stood up and walked. Istaroth went away and said

"You need rest. I'll let you sleep, although you can't. I'm coming back with some food." -She said.

I looked up at the ceiling as she left. I suddenly got curious and wanted to see what Istaroth has. I went through her stuff, then afterwards her wardrobe. My eyes widened.

It was the same polearm the person was using. It looked like a grim reaper's sword. It's staff was white, embroidered with yellow stars. Istaroth came back with a ramen bowl and chopsticks to her mouth. Upon looking at me, she dropped the bowl, shattering  it towards the floor. I looked at her questionaly.