𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘫𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘊𝘰𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

Pass me up,  pass me up plain                                                                           I play your game, all through the pain

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐈 𝐠𝐨 | ╰┈➤ 𝘈𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘯𝘦

It was awkward, at best.

Everyone knew he made you cry, she reminded herself, rumors spread like fire. But if that was the case, Mr. Nagisa did not get the hint. He started coughing out ice-breakers from a book, and questions people already knew the answer to erupted around them.

Favorite food?

If you have one, what's a nickname people call you often? 

What's your favorite game?

Do you have siblings?

Yashiro responded to his mumbles with soft nods, not paying attention. She already knew he loved donuts to a large amount, she knew his real name was Amane, but everyone used to call him Hanako, she knew he was addicted to playing Hanafuda with little, pink, bunny-like creatures, and she knew he had a little brother who had been involved in something, resulting in a knife shoved inside him by his own twin brother.

"Switch to the other person!" Mr. Nagisa called out cheerfully. She found his autumn stare on her. She blushed, remembering she needed to stop loving him. But she couldn't. Not until she figured out if he was who he was after death, or if he was always sulky, bitter and horrible as now, watching his eyes drift off.

Nene didn't respond to any of the questions, and they sat in silence. Soon, icebreakers end. He sighed through the class as he rambles about the agenda and the lesson. Nene does the same, doodling on her notebook, pausing when she found Amane looking at her strangely.

"Now," Mr. Nagisa says, slamming a heavy textbook down to grab the room's attention. "Project time!" he quips, grabbing a set of papers from his desk and handing one out to every two-team table. Nene looks up, realization clouding her face.

Nene freaked out, realizing that the class they were in had a lesson that might have been important, and now, she was screwed. He kept his warm smile as he dropped the paper onto the once-lover's desk. Before she could see it, Amane snatched it from it's crinkled position, letting his eyes scan it vigorously. He looked so into it, deep eyes watching it with glee as he read further.

Nene barely made out the title before he threw it down, holding a smile with his eyes wide. She softly took the paper into her hands, looking around it.

Memorable People Project

Objective: Pick a famous person, celebrity for their creation or actions, and explain why they have effects on the world and why they contributed to the world.

Person:

Names of Students:

Hanako- Amane must be thinking of something, Nene thought, watching his bit-back smile fade bit by bit, excitement wearing off, realizing he'd be working with her. Why else would their be one per table of two?

He turned to her, causing her to jump. "Can I pick the person?" he asked, his hand on his head, leaning down on his desk.

Nene feels her tears from. His grins, the same cheeky smile and alive tone that belonged to her sub-human beloved, was there. His hat was missing, his hair exceptionally messy with his baggy school uniform. She felt her heart crack, remembering the bitter-sweet moments of forever young with everyone, the time-disoriented world Shijima had drawn by hand.

"Yes," she said, heat rising as he cautiously looked away. He flipped his hand under his desk, and he pulled out a pencil, mute-orange and simple, not like the pastel mechanical's Nene used. He scribbled 'Neil Armstrong' in messy handwriting after the words 'Person:'

Nene sighed as she watched his pencil break at the 'A' in 'Armstrong'. He turned, mouth pursed with anticipation. "Can I borrow a pencil?" he asked, quieting as he saw her hand flip to the caged basket under her desk.

But she remembered how mean he was. How he only smiled at her when he needed something. She now hated him, and she was going to make it crystal-clear. She shoved her kitten-themed pencil bag back in her bottom-compartment, and Amane frowned, realizing her judgmental disdain.

He didn't bother arguing, just grabbing her pencil bag with force and flipping it up so it wouldn't reach her hands. He unzipped it, turning his back to her as he pulled out her favorite pencil, sliding her bag to the side once he finished.

Nene gaped at him, and watched as he scribbled both their names onto it and the rest of 'Armstrong'. Before she could clobber him for her pencil, the bell rang. Students ran, passing her for their next class. Someone bumped her away, and she fought to get back to him.

She sat down to grab the rest of her stuff, snatching the pencil back, quickly eyeing it for missing parts or scratches. Once she had her things ready, she turned for one last glare, but she found him throwing himself on her.

She tried to pry him off, which didn't work, so she pulled her head back, facing him directly. He looked scared, tired, shaky, everything in between. He shook his head, gripping the bow with force as he shook.

Nene peeked to his back, to see a boy in the doorway, wide smiling with fangs. He looked just like Amane, a replica, perhaps. But something was different. His glare admitted fear no matter what, unlike Amane, and the eerie feeling of recolonization swept over her like a hurricane.

Only then did she recognize the soulless anti-glimmer of the evil eyes she knew so well, the scary voice just the same.

"Amane! We have our next class together~" Tsukasa said playfully, seemingly finding glee in the scared boy.

~ A/N - Like the new chapter? Make sure to vote! Also, I had this story, I forget the name, but it's a future TBHK AU about Hanako and Nene's kids, with one dead and one alive. Miyuki and Yuna were their names, I believe. I deleted it, but I think I wanna start remaking it for fun :) ~

W/C: 1000 ⸻ Edited ✓

𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐈 𝐠𝐨 | ╰┈➤ 𝘈𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘯𝘦

౨ৎ