1. Summer Fling

As we walk, I feel how silly the world feels around me. My eyelids grow heavy, and my body starts to feel tired, yet all of it is in a good way. Kid Ritz stops us at the campfire, grabbing the other water Rollie brought.

He talks a bit to Fred, who looks at me with a sly smile. I watch as our groups mingle, not really focusing on much. Velv calls me over, patting the seat next to her and Orchid. I sit next to her, feeling like I want to laugh as she talks to me.

I don't hear anything she tells me; I only look at her as she snaps her fingers in my face.

Orchid: "No way! Leave it to Rollie and Kid Ritz."

Orchid reaches behind Velv, patting my back. Velv looks at her, then me in confusion, her face slowly morphing into realization.

Velv: "Wait... are you... high?"

Her tone scares me, yet I guess I am high as I quickly realize I don't care. I lean forward a little, feeling like I want to lay in the warm sand.

Velv: "Woah, Ven. What's gotten into-"

She stops, Orchid kissing her.

Orchid: "He's fine, just high. Kid Ritz will watch him."

In an instant, I see Kid Ritz's legs in front of me.

Kid Ritz: "I'll walk him back. What cabin are you guys?"

Velv: "4. Carlos and Midori should already be back."

Kid Ritz grabs my hands, pulling me up to stand. I didn't see that Midori and Carlos left. I quickly forget them as I wave to the group, letting Kid Ritz lead me away.

We walk slowly, my body feeling wonky as I walk. I stop, staring at the tree next to me. The bark moves and shifts in front of my eyes, surprising me.

Kid Ritz: "You ok?"

Ven: "Yeah! Look at the tree!"

I point to the bark, yet Kid Ritz doesn't seem to see what I am.

Kid Ritz: "Want me to carry you back?"

I think over his offer, nodding a yes.

He picks me up, holding me securely. I can't help but giggle, excited to be so high in the air.

Kid Ritz: "You having fun?"

I nod happily, feeling like I'm flying.

Kid Ritz: "Good. Think you can keep quiet so we don't get caught?"

I grow serious, nodding quietly so he sees how serious I am.

Kid Ritz begins walking, holding me so nicely that I start to get tired. My head falls to his shoulder, leaning into the crook of his neck.

Kid Ritz walks until we reach the cabin, him rubbing my back to get me moving.

Ven: "I don't want you to let go of me."

Kid Ritz hums quietly, moving to sit on the porch swing. He continues to hold me, rocking me back and forth.

I sit up, looking him over. He stares into my eyes, his own very dreamy to look into.

Ven: "Can... can we kiss again?"

Kid Ritz looks at me a bit shocked, his eyes flicking from my eyes to my lips.

Kid Ritz: "Only if you're ok with it. I don't want to push you into doing something you're uncomfortable with."

I nod, feeling bad for asking. Kid Ritz pulls me closer, holding me while running his fingers over the exposed skin on my back.