Chapter 3 - The Steel Beam Incident

Key:

Y/N: Hello = talking

Y/N: (happy) Hello = tone of voice or emotion

Y/N: *moving* = action

Third Person POV

The scene opens with an aerial view of CCG headquarters in the first ward of Tokyo. It is currently after dusk since the sun has gone down and the lights are on in every nearby building. The camera focuses on one of the higher floors and reveals Y/N's office. Y/N is sitting at his desk and looking through different papers about different ghouls in his ward. Some of the papers are marked with "Peaceful Ghoul" stamp near the picture of the ghoul while others are marked with "Killer Ghoul" and "Deceased" near the picture.

*knock* *knock*

Y/N: *speaks while looking at the papers* It's open!

The door opens and reveals Arima and another investigator who walk into the room. The new investigator is a middle-aged man with short black hair and gray eyes wearing a gray suit with a white undershirt and a red tie.

Y/N: *looks at the two investigators* Hey Arima, Shinohara. What can I do for you?

Arima: You requested info on the Binge Eater, correct?

Y/N: Yes.

Yukinori Shinohara

Yukinori Shinohara

Shinohara: Well, we don't have much on the Binge Eater except for the kagune they use. Which is a rinkaku that consists of multiple tendrils.

Y/N: So, no info on their appearance?

Shinohara: Nothing at all.

Y/N: *sighs in annoyance* Great.

Arima: Why are you concerned about the Binge Eater?

Y/N: Besides them causing panic in my ward, one of my friends might be in trouble.

Shinohara: How so?

Y/N: He started dating this woman with purple hair and purple eyes a few days ago. So far, they only been sharing coffee, and she seems to be acting strangely.

Arima: Hmm... Explain.

Y/N: Well, based on what my friend's sister told me, she never eats anything even though she spends multiple hours at a café, and she always speaks to different men who hit on her and tries to lead them somewhere especially after dusk.

Shinohara: Why haven't you reported this yet?

Y/N: I am making sure that this is either the Binge Eater or a potentially dangerous ghoul because if we are wrong then the real Binge Eater might go into hiding and who knows when they might reappear.