Chapter 15

KORNELIA

The next morning, I woke up from the bright sunlight was falling directly on my face. My eyes opened slowly, meeting the blinding sunlight that made me squint in an instant. Suddenly I noticed that Arthur wasn't there. A wave of excitement washed over me, and I abruptly rose from the bed to look around the room.

A well-known silhouette stood with his back to me, immersed in searching for something in the chest of drawers. He was shirtless, wearing only sweatpants. I stared at his massive broad back, which had nothing but muscles. His blond hair was tousled and damp, as if he had just stepped out of the shower. Arthur was damn handsome.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," - Arthur said, still standing with his back to me. But without waiting for my answer, he turned to me and added, "You already awake."

The view was even better from this side. Wide shoulders, perfect abs and a V-shaped line going into the pants, leaving place for imagination. I looked him up and down again, couldn't look away. Noticing my interest and some embarrassment, Arthur just smiled, but did not make impertinent comments to drive me into greater embarrassment.

He just came over quickly and sat down on the bed next to me. "I already ran to the bakery next to my house and bought us fresh pastries. I also took your favorite dessert. So get dressed and let's go have breakfast," - Arthur said, and before I could say anything, he quickly kissed me.

He was about to get out of bed when suddenly something stopped him. Arthur was lost in his thoughts, and his face suddenly became very serious, the smile disappeared from him. He looked at me intently, trying to make out my face, confusing me even more.

"You're so beautiful," - Arthur said, and then he just got up and left the room. My heart was pounding wildly and it took me a while to calm it down. I'm not used to hearing compliments, and I'm even more not used to believing in them. But Arthur always found the right words that made me feel special.

I lay in bed for a while longer, and then I went to the dressing room to find something I could wear. As always, everything was perfect, hanging in its place. For the most part, his wardrobe consisted of classic suits and shirts. I took one of his shirts and put it on, it still smelled of his expensive cologne.

After leaving the bedroom, I went straight to the kitchen. The table was already set, and Arthur was making coffee. I sat down at the table and looked at him again. There was not a single thought in my head, but a pleasant warm feeling spread throughout my body. I found myself thinking that I am happy here and now. I'm really happy with Arthur. But I couldn't just leave my past life.

"So what are we going to do now?" - I asked.

Arthur turned towards me, holding two cups of coffee in his hands. "We're going to have breakfast," - he said, and then put the drinks on the table.

"I mean with this," - I said with some concern in my voice, and then raised my hand, on which the engagement ring glittered.

Arthur glanced at the ring, but his expression didn't change, as if the fact that I was getting married in two weeks didn't bother him in any way. He just came up to me and squatted down right in front of me, and then gently took my hand and looked at the ring for a while longer.

And then Arthur just took it off my finger. "You don't need it anymore," - he added. At that moment, his gesture seemed like the most right thing in the world, I didn't want to contradict him.

"I've already said that I won't let you go anywhere else. Not now, not ever," - he said after a while. "I already let you leave once, but I won't make the same mistake again. We've already spent too much time away from each other."

Arthur continued to hold my hand while squatting in front of me. His words made my heart beat faster. After a short pause, he gently kissed my hand, which sent goosebumps.

"I want to spend my whole life with you. And I want to start now," - Arthur added after a moment. He put his head on my lap, and I ran my hand through his hair, playing with it verbally. We sat there in silence for a moment.

Suddenly, Arthur abruptly stood up directly in front of me, extending his hand to help me stand up. I obeyed. With a slight movement of my hand, I immediately found myself in his arms. He clasped his hands behind my back, pressing his warm body closer to me. At that moment, I thought how wonderful it is to be in the arms of a loved one when you want to freeze and not move for hours. And all worries and problems instantly disappear.

"I'll take care of everything, and you just be with me,"- he said in a whisper, and then pulled back slightly to look at me. "You believe me, don't you?" - he asked. I shook my head in response, because I didn't doubt a single word he said.

**********************************

Thank you so much for finishing this chapter. I really hope you like it.
I'm looking forward to see you in the next one!

~ NALI

IF YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER, PLEASE VOTE OR ADD A COMMENT