- Chapter 9 -

Nea's POV

I see Noctis opening his mouth again.

That's it. This is how my life ends now...

The flames start to spill out of his mouth. I close my eyes. The last thing I hear is Sanguis laugh.

"NEA!" A scream, blue lighting and strong arms warping around me.

Carefully I open my eyes and see no other than Azriel himself.

He came... he heard me. He came to save me.

I look at his beautiful brown eyes, which show nothing but worry.

"Azriel." I whisper... but my mouth doesn't open... Sanguis is still controlling my body.

"Ohhh...no. You're not appearing here like her knight in shining armor and destroy my whole PLAN!" She hisses and I can feel the power running though my veins.

"NO! Sanguis no please! I'm begging you stop." I happen against the invisible wall. Throwing my whole body against it, ignoring the flaming pain of my burned skin.

"Oh no, that's your fault for bringing him here." She snarls and I can feel my hand reaching out, cupping his face.

"Oh Azriel." She smiles at him, "You shouldn't have come here."

"But you called..." he whispers his eyes searching for something in my eyes he can't seem to find, "No... Nea called me... not you." He corrects himself and moves out of her grip, getting closer to Noctis.

"Sanguis.. STOP NOW." He growls and takes a step closer to Azriel, trying to shield him off with his body and own shadows.

"Oh make me." She smirks, but before Noctis can react, Azriel interrupts him: "No don't, you're killing Nea. Her body's not inflicted by your flames, but her soul is."

"I- Is that true?! Was plan all along?!" Noctis eyes throw daggers at the smiling women in front of him.

"How would you know, that she's still alive?" She smirks.

"I can still feel her." Azriel says quietly.

"Oh yeah.. that matter." She rolls her eyes and I feel the power rushing through me again.

Blood starts to run out of Azriels nose.... And his eyes... and mouth. And all I can do is scream. Scream in pain. The pain he feels because of something I do. I'm killing him.

Then I hear her laugh again.

No... She is killing him.

She is using my body and my powers to kill...my mate.

"Nea." Azriel whispers, "It's okay, I know it's not your fault. I'm just glad to die, knowing that I wasn't meant to stay alone." A soft smile spreads on his face, while he falls to his knees. Then to his side. His wings spread over the ground, now colored in a deep red.

Inside of me is a small tug.

And then I feel it.

A power that I've never felt before.

One last time I get up and throw myself against the wall.

And it shatters.

Finally I have control over my body again. Dropping my hand I stop the power flowing trough my veins and rush immediately rush towards Azriel.

"NO!" I hear a scream in my mind, "You're not ruining my plan!" Sanguis screams and I feel her claws burring the self's inside of my mind.

Falling down on the ground next to him, I place his head on my legs.

"Azriel?" I whisper and stoke his soft dark hair.

"Azriel... can you hear me?" I ask him again and focus on the golden line inside of my chest, tugging on it. But there is no response.

"Az? Az, please answer me." Tears run down my face and I let myself fall down, crouching over his body. His blood mixes with my tears as I call his name over and over again.

Sanguis claws burry deeper and deeper inside of my mind and I know that I can't withhold her any longer.

"Mine." She hisses, yet before she can take the final push, a deep, powerful voice echos though my mind.

"LEAVE." Noctis commands and I feel his darkness spreading out inside of me, while my vision gets dark. In the distance I can hear a soft scream and I tug one last time on the golden line.

While drifting off into the darkness, I imagine feeling a soft tug on the other side. 

A/N: I know it's short and not good but its an update?  Sorry I've been too exhausted the past days to get myself to start writing again. The ideas are there but the energy isn't. I try my best tho :) The next chapter will be Noctis POV :) Thank you so much for reading and supporting me! I appreciate it so much <3