On the run

!!warning for eating disorders, medical talk, grief!!

The next few days were nothing but blurs. Nico had barely stopped crying, he wasn't eating and he wasn't talking to anyone. The new location was quieter. More intimate and better hidden.

Nicos legs still had no feeling in them at all. It was fair to say bloody painter was deeply concerned for his cabin mate.

"Nico you need to eat" he pleaded as he sat on the edge of the younger male's bed with a plate of food in his hands for the bicoloured male "cmon, he would hate to see you in this state nico".

"I-im not hungry.." he voice was broken, his words coming out between sobs and muffled sniffling as he tried to hide his tears yet it didn't work. He trusted painter to see him in a vulnerable state such as this but he just wanted to be left alone to grieve his baby brother's death. "Nico, I'm not going to sit here and let you destroy yourself. Tyler would not want to see you like this so please sit up, eat. That's all I'm asking you to do. Jack is going to swing by later on to tell you about your surgery he's going to do in a few days time but you need to eat nico. please".

The grieving male sighed as he pushed his body up against his headboard. "F-fine.." he mumbled, using his arm to wipe away his tears as painter handed him the plate "thank you Nico, i'll let jack know youre ready for the surgery talk. Please just focus on eating, I'll let hoodie know you're eating so he'll quit worrying for you as well."

The younger male just weakly nodded as he forced himself to eat the food painter had retrieved for him, meanwhile the dark haired male got up sending a message to hoodie first.

BP: hey so i managed to get Nico to eat something, i know his brother asked you to keep an eye on him and whatnot but stop worrying

Hoodster: make sure he eats it all will you? I'm not going back on a promise with a dead 16 year old. Nico is now my concern so I will worry myself as much as I need to.

Painter sighed shaking his head a bit before sending Jack a text to alert him to nicos change in mood today along with being ready for the surgery talk

BP: hey so nico is eating today, i managed to get him to eat. He's still grieving pretty badly but he's ready for the talk of surgery to fix the nerves in his legs. So just head to mind whenever you have a chance

EJ: right, ill come over as soon as i can. Don't force him to eat too much, take it slow. You could cause more harm than good if you make him eat everything you've given him. Let nico know its ok to not eat everything and that a small amount is enough progress

BP: ok ill let him know. Thanks Jack.

"Don't force yourself to finish your plate nico. A little bit is progress still ok? Once we've fixed your legs we'll go back to training and you can let your anger out in a healthy way alright?" Nico just nodded pushing the plate away from him. He hadn't eaten much, very little in fact but Helen just gave him a gentle smile taking the plate over to the sink "Hey, I'm proud of you for eating today alright? I know Tyler was your world but think of what he would say to you if he saw you like this". The younger male chuckled softly "h-he would tell me to grow the f-fuck up thats for sure". The blue eyed male sat back down on nicos bed grabbing his mask off his own in the process "call me helen when we are alone. I trust you enough with that information".

"Helen?" Nico repeated clear confusion laced in his voice "I did tell you my parents were obsessed with having a daughter".

Soon a knock came at the door as painter slid his mask back on getting up to open the door, seeing both jack and hoodie at the door. Hoodie barging past the dark haired male going straight over to Nico "How're you feeling today Ni?"

"Worse if that's possible. I dont think I'll ever get over him. I really don't think I can. He's all I had in the world."

"You've got me now Ni, I made your brother a promise that if anything happened to him I would fill his role. I'm not backing out of that promise. He was a good kid and did not deserve what happened but he would probably mock you for the state you're in right now" brian sighed patting nicos head who rolled his eyes in response "I know he would.. Sibling banter and all" the younger male laughed softly which caught painter's attention. "You're laughing" he said, a bit shocked to hear nico making that sound "no shit captain obvious. But anyway jack, my legs what you got for me"

"A risky surgery is what I've got for you. You could continue experiencing symptoms, infections, blood clots, dural tears,leakage of cerebrospinal fluid, facial numbness, loss in vision, further nerve damage, further paralysis and death. It's likely nico you will contract at least one of those after symptoms. But a Lumbar Decompression is your best option and I wouldn't recommend it if I didn't think it was your best chance at regaining function in your legs."

The younger male grew quiet as he thought. His green eyes focused on the ground "if you think its my best choice then i'm happy to go through with it". Jack nodded a bit "alright well doctor smiley will scrub in with me to assist and nurse anne will scrub in as well to make sure as little as possible goes wrong. We can do this in 2 days. Do not eat 24 hours in advance and don't drink anything either. I'll try and do it as early in the morning for you as i possibly can."