messier

Soyeon shifted in her bed, moving over to the other side to hopefully fall back asleep. But then she hears again what had woken her in the first place, a stifled cry. Soyeon furrowed her brows worriedly, and, already slipping comfortably into the role of the oldest in the debut team, she got out of bed to look up at the top bunk to investigate. "Yunjin?"

Another cry left the girl's mouth, huddled up on the top bunk with her blankets. "Y-yeah?"

"Is everything okay?" Soyeon climbs up the small ladder to sit next to her.

Yunjin leans on her shoulder. "I don't deserve this, I didn't do it, I didn't do anything to help!"

"Shh, you'll wake Ryujin and Jisu talking like that," Soyeon hushes her, patting her softly on the head, a hand gently combing through her smooth brown hair. "Of course you deserve this, we all do."

"My team stole it, unnie.."

"Stole what?"

"The song, an-and the choreography for evaluations," Yunjin cries, "if we hadn't done that I wouldn't have made it. They rejected all my ideas and said they had better ones, but I found out that they stole it..."

"Oh, Yunjin, that's none of your fault. And look what happened now, none of your teammates made it to the debut team, did they?"

"N-no, but–"

"No buts, I won't let you beat yourself up about this."

Yunjin raised her head and looked at Soyeon sadly, eyes glistening with tears. "I don't want to debut like this, I can't live knowing I cheated."

"So you're going to give up your dream?"

Yunjin sighs. "I might audition for a different company, but I don't know.. I can't train again, you know it."

Soyeon nods sadly, knowing that Yunjin had been training for at least five years now. And that's when it hits her. She doesn't want to debut like this either, having lost her teammates who are now all mad at her. What hits her is an idea, and she thinks it might be the best one she's ever had in her entire life.

"We can start our own company."

~

Soyeon swallows as she stares at her sandwich. The tension in the air was so thick that she could almost taste it. No one had said anything since she'd told them her idea, much less looked at her this whole time. So she flinches when Kazuha abruptly stands up, her chair scooting loudly behind her due to being pushed back.

"Jeon Soyeon," she stares her dead in the eye, serious, "this is a spectacular idea."

Her shoulders sagged in relief, even though Choerry was still glaring at her like she'd stabbed her mother's eyes and Yizhuo's arms were still crossed angrily. "I'm glad you think so."

Yizhuo's angry eyes twinkled. "You'd give away the chance to debut for us?"

"Yes, of course I would!" Soyeon hit the table they were sitting around softly. "Don't you know how sad I was when they didn't announce your names too—" The breath is taken from her as Choerry gives her a tight hug.

"I missed you sooooo much, unnie," she hums.

"It'll be better than how we were going to debut anyway," Soyeon tells them, slinging an arm around Choerry, "we'll get to make our own music!"

"What should we call our group?" Kazuha wondered aloud.

"Oh, oh!" Yizhuo jumped in her seat excitedly. "We can combine all of our names!" They were silent for a moment to let Yizhuo think, holding in their laughter at the ridiculous idea. "Yizuyeorry! No.. Kasozherry? Wait– Yeonhuochoha?!"