plastic palm trees

This is the second time this month that she's woken up naked in Yuqi's bed. She sighs softly, as not to wake the woman sleeping soundly next to her, and checks her phone. Seeing a bunch of missed calls from Choerry and unanswered texts from Kazuha send her into a panicked frenzy.

Zuha: WHERE ARE YOU

Zuha: Come to the studio ASAP!!!

Zuha: We need help!

Zuha: SOYEON!!!!!!

Soyeon immediately sits up and starts finding her clothes from last night that were neatly draped across a chair in the corner of the bedroom.

The blankets in the bed move as Yuqi sleepy shuffles around. She groans, shutting her eyes to the bright sunlight filtering into the room. "Babe.. where are you going?"

"There's an emergency," she says curtly, thinking of kissing her on the forehead, but then decides against it, "bye, Yuqi."

Yuqi sits up, shaking the sleep out of her system. "I'm coming with you."

"No, you're not!" Soyeon says coldly, thoughts drift back to last night, and how they didn't talk about what had happened at the movies yet. "You don't even know me."

Her gaze is offended. "I know you enough that I've never seen you make this face. Something's really wrong."

Soyeon lets a groan of frustration fall past her lips. "Of COURSE I'd be panicked when I wake up to a bunch of 'help' texts from my family, dammit!" The word family slips out unintentionally, but she means it.

"I'll drive you," Yuqi says, understanding the urgency of the situation and starting to get dressed quickly as well.

Soyeon doesn't have the time to argue, as it would take her a while to run to the studio anyway. So, she follows Yuqi to the front door and outside. "Where's your car? I've never seen it."

Yuqi locks the door with a sly smile. "What car? Look," from behind her back she pulled out two helmets, and Soyeon immediately felt sick. She was going to ride around the city. On the back of a motorcycle. Yuqi's motorcycle. Having to cling to her like.. like they were some couple in a K-drama. This isn't any different from cuddling in bed with her, is it? Soyeon took a helmet from her with a wince. The more time I spend with her, the more I feel like she didn't do anything wrong...

Yuqi pulls her gently onto the vehicle. "Ready?"

She nods.

"Hold on tight," She warns, kicking the stand before starting the engine and taking off out of the small driveway.

Soyeon's hands immediately grab onto Yuqi's middle, clutching her embarrassingly tight as they zip through the city. She swears that Yuqi broke a few laws, weaving in between traffic and quickly trailing the last car to pass before the red light. But, she couldn't really care as she was thankful to her for understanding what sort of rush she's in.

"Where to, babe?" Yuqi says loudly.

"Just head towards the small markets, you know where, right?" Soyeon half-shouted back, thinking of the moo ping cart that served as her little landmark to know she was near the studio.

They arrive quite quickly, Soyeon barely waiting for the motorcycle to come to full halt, like she was told, before getting off and tripping over her own feet in her rush to get inside. I hope none of them are injured or anything, fuck... Hurriedly inserting the key, she pushes open the door, greeted with a sight less disturbing than she was expecting, but scary nonetheless.