Flash To The Past Part Two

Is this what Mommy felt when Daddy hurt her. I... I like it its... quiet, peaceful. I wanna wake up but for some reason I can't. Wait I hear voices.
"Are you the ones that brought her here?" A voice asked. Brought me here? Where am I.
"Yes we are" a deep voice replied. Hehe that man sounds funny sounds funny.
"Her Mother didn't make it. She has no more family that wants her we have to take her to an adoption center." What Mommy she, shes gone. No I wanna wake up I need to see my Mommy. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't. Come on now. I finally got my eyes open but shut them again a big white light blinded me. Man I really need to think things through. The second time i opened them i noticed a man and woman i never noticed before.
"Is my Mommy okay?" I asked all eyes suddenly looked at me "What are you looking at never seen an 8 year old wake up before." The one man with a braid in his hair, yeah did I mention one had a braid, walked over to me snd sat down in the chair next to my bed.
"Um Cheyanne right?" He asked. I gave a stiff nod. "Your Mommy is now in heaven alright." Does this guy think I'm an idiot
"So what you are saying Mr... Um"
"Leland, my name is Leland."hmm thats were i noticed him before he is on dog the bounty hunter.
"Oh i used to get in a lot of trouble for watching your show." I stated he looked confused. Oh right.
" So my Mom is dead." I said matter of factly. Hey just because I'm 8 doesn't mean i don't know things i watched Cops. They just looked at me shocked that I would say something like that.
"If my Mom is dead and my Dad is in that place, the jail thingie, then who will i stay with." the man in the white coat looked at me.
"We will be putting you into fost-" he started.
"Ill take her I will be her guardian."leland interrupted
"Dang dude your rude, but as much as i would like to you have to catch the bad guys you don't have time for a kid."
The blonde lady smiled
"Sweetie he has 2 kids of his own you will be fine. I just looked at her.
"I guess my own family doesn't even want me" Then Leland hugged me with a smile.
" I guess i have a daughter now."

Those were the words that changed my life forever.