chapter nine

I felt a strong headache, before I opened my eyes. Somehow I found myself in an unfamiliar room. Suddenly I felt a warm body hugging me from behind. I closed my eyes thightly. I felt familiar musk and sandal wood smell, and warm breathing to my neck. It was Archer. I died inside. How did this happen? Where am I? I was scared to open my eyes and tried to remember what happened. I remembered the kiss that was probably caused by the enormous amount of wine, my dumb mind that decided to tell Archer I wanted that moment to last forever amd I also remembered how he accompanied me to the inn. And then I woke up in his room. Naked. Only now did I notice that I was naked. Oh my firebreathing dragons! I tried my hardest and remembered a few more missing fragments from yesterday. I remembered how he kissed my neck and pushed me on the bed, how I kissed him back while he was untying my corset. Now I understood what happened. Shit! This situation is... Awful. The only thoughts right now was of how I will have to act with him or even be in the same ship as him.  Now I was rethinking everything about Archer. Maybe he liked me... If so then maybe I could be with him. I didn't know how relationships work and didn't even have a crush... Until now. I was always confined between the duke's estate's walls and never had a romantic intrest. I never kissed anyone before, of course until now. I also never lost my virginity to a drunk pirate. What a failure. My stepmother or governess would probably faint after finding out such disgraceful thing I did. Or worse...

"I know you are awake, Vi." Murmured Archer hugging me thighter. Holy flying cows! "You can throw ideas about running away from me, beautiful."

If I didn't die before, I did now. What can I say to him? Pretend nothing happened, or act like his lover of some sort? He probably had hundreds of lovers... What should I do now, that I got myself in this situation.

"Mhh..." Grunted Archer, " I don't want to get up from bed. But we need to travel..."

It seemed like he wanted to start a talk with me.

"What do you think, beautiful?" Asked Archer in his suave voice. "Go and start the journey, or... Enjoy some time in bed?" Asked Archer whispering the last part like some sly fox. I couldn't understand how is this so easy for him? Of course he isn't a virgin in bed with a naked man. Shoot! It's a high possibility that I'm not a virgin anymore...

"Come on... Talk to me..." Groweled Archer touching my belly. "It's not easy to keep up a conversation when a beauty in bed doesn't respond."

"How did you know I was awake?" I finnaly spoke.

"Your breathing pace changed." Explained Archer. "Since you finnaly talk, how about we get up and prepare for the journey, or should we stay here for a little?" Asked Archer. I once again didn't know how to respond, so I forze up and stayed silent.

"Alright," started Archer getting up from his bed, " I am going to the washroom, you can dress up or run away. Whatever you choose."

I waited long enough for him to already be in the washroom and got up. I quickly put on my dress and took my corset and pouch to hands. I secretly checked my locket, and I was really relieved to know that Archer's gem was still there. I quickly rushed out of his room leaving a mess on his bed and my head.

I went to my and Clarise's room and was met by a motherly looking Clarise.

"And where were you?!" Shouted Clarise. Ha! The gods are punishing me for premarital sex.

"Shh calm down. I will explain but first I need my soap and a fresh pair of clothes."I said. When I said clothes I was talking about a clean dress and a new pair of underwear. The last pair was found ripped on Archer's bed.

After washing up in the women's washroom and making sure Archer wasn't around, I came back to my room. I explained my sister what really happened. Clarise was old enough and knew the concept of sex. I forced that little gramophone to keep silent about it. Soon we packed our stuff and went to the ship. Everyone except me, Clarise and Augustus, who accopanied us to the ship, was already there. I made sure to avoid Archer the whole journey to the Helsoso isle. I spent time with my sister and Augustus, making crafts. When the ship's chef made food, I was the first to come and made sure to eat it before Archer came. I knew that Archer always comes last to eat. Soon we arrived at the isle.

"Archer ordered me to be your nanny, once again." Said Augustus. He became quite close to us these past few days. "He went out first. Some business to attend or something."

"It's already night time, right?" Asked Clarise looking around the dock.

"Yes. It took one, not full, day to travel." Said Augustus.

Wd walked straight to the inn. From outside I heard loud music and bangging of feet angainst the wood. Probably a party of some sort. My memories of the festival and my dumb decisions, is really the last thing I need.

I pushed through the crowd and took my sister up the stairs looking down at the people. I saw Archer sitting on a barstool and flirting with a waitress.

I wasn't jelous. Atleast that is what I'm telling myself. I just felt sad that the way he looked at me, kissed me, danced with me and... Made love to me, was just irrelevant to him. Rather than going there and repeating last night's adventure with him or any other man, I went to sleep hugging Clarise. I had to many things on my mind and sleep was the best option to get rid of them.