In A World Of Boys He's A Gentleman

A/N : Umm ya... I used Taylor Swift lyrics as the story title because one, I couldn't think of a good tittle and two, I love Taylor Swift!!

He kept looking at her as she sat on a lone piece of rock with a saddened expression and wet lashes. She was lost And the flower garland she was making hung in between her fingers, unfinished. He could guess the reason of her being upset. A while ago, Kartikeya had left Kailash to go to the South and like every time, Parvati bids him a farewell with a smile but sheds tears in secret. And her husband knows that very well. So he had to do something to cheer her up.

Parvati was sitting absent-mindedly when she felt the garland slipping from her hand which made her look up. Shiva was sitting beside her, finishing the garland.

"What are you doing, Mahadev?"

"Taking some work burden off you. You know I can lift the burden of your heart as well. You just need to share it with me."

Parvati stayed silent.

"You are upset because Kartikeya left, right?"

"Something like that."

Shiva removed the lock of hair falling on her forehead and said, "I can understand your pain. I am his father after all but he is there fulfilling his destiny."

Parvati sighed, "I know that. I will never stop my son from fulfilling his duty and I'm so proud of him but I'm also a mother and as a mother, I feel upset when he's not with me. I've never really been able to keep him near me. Neither could I give birth to him nor could I raise him and as the commander of the gods he's almost always away. I miss him. A lot."

A tear rolled down her face as she said the words. But she quickly wiped them and got up.

"I have to go now. I've some work left" She said and left but Shiva sat there. He too was saddened seeing her tears. He knew he had to do something to lift her up. At night, when he entered their chambers, Parvati was brushing her hair but her face was still gloomy. Shiva sat down beside her on the bed and took the comb from her hand.

"It is well clear that you are not going to take care of yourself properly so let me do it."

Parvati turned around to see him.

"I can do it, Mahadev."

"I can see that, Uma. Wait here."

He went and brought a little container from her dresser.

"I think this is the lavender hair oil that Devi Lakshmi had given you and you had talked so extensively about."

Parvati nodded.

"Good. Now turn around."

Parvati turned her head and Shiva took some oil in his hands and started applying it on her hair. He carefully untangled every strip of her curly hair. He slowly massaged her scalp and ran his hands through her voluminous curls. His touch along with the sweet smell of lavender made Parvati feel more relaxed.

"How are you feeling now, Darling?" Shiva asked. After a long day, a small smile broke through Parvati's lips.

"Free. That's all I can say. I feel free from all my worries, thoughts and sadness. Your touch always does the magic."

"But you also have to commend Lakshmi's hair oil."

Both of them laughed at his comment. Shiva soon finished combing her hair.

"There you go. You're done."

"Hmm... But I'm not letting you go now."

She laid back her head on his muscular chest and he wrapped his hands around her. Shiva softly stroked her head and placed his chin on top of her.

"You know, let's go for a tour on Earth tomorrow. You'll feel better and we can spend some together as well. It will take your mind off other things."

"That sounds like a good idea. But for now I want to cuddle" Parvati said and tilted her head to steal a quick peck and then again dissolved into his embrace and fell asleep.

"Good night, my love. It always gives me pleasure to see you sleep so peacefully. It makes me feel that I have fulfilled my duty to keep you safe and I will always do it till eternity" Shiva thought in his mind and closed his eyes as well.