First Act: 1

First Act
The Silver Tree
Chapter 1

I hover over White Lily Cookie’s corpse as the Silver Tree’s seals erode

I never imagined that looking at a Cookie would make me... feel guilty.

A lump rises in my throat. “White Lily Cookie...” I mumble under my breath. I’m sorry I let you face such a big burden alone.”

A Beast from inside punches the Silver Tree. The Silver Tree’s roots are embedded everywhere in the Faerie Kingdom, so the kingdom shakes along with the tree. With every punch, the vine shackles wrapped around the tree falter.

It’s no good.

The Silver Tree’s situation threatens the Faerie Kingdom and Earthbread fates. If the vine shackles aren’t mended soon, it’ll be too late for us.

Hell would descend to Earthbread.

And only White Lily herself can mend the sealing spell.

When I first arrived at the Faerie Kingdom in the search for White Lily, I met Elder Faerie, then he told me everything that happened to her. According to him, he created the First Seal, then White Lily crumbled creating the Second Seal—a stronger seal than the First Seal.

I wish I could reverse time.

“Pure Vanilla Cookie, please, step aside...” Elder Faerie’s voice snaps me back to reality.

I step away by a few steps as he opens White Lily’s casket delicately. “It would be the easiest to undo the magic...” Elder Faerie says. “For the one who put it there in the first place.”

“What must we do to wake her up?” I ask.

A Beast punches the Silver Tree again.

Every time the Faerie Kingdom shakes, the Faeries turn to the Silver Tree with looks of horror. Elder Faerie does it as the punch makes an impact, and he turns to me shortly.

His face is serious. His face is filled with urgency.

Elder Faerie knows White Lily must wake up.

“To bring her back to life... it requires two things: Soul and Life. A powerful life force and the shattered pieces of her Light of Freedom, which holds her soul within.”

Silence briefly hangs in the air between us.

“But that means... a living Cookie must give up their Life Powder?”

“Yes, a life for a life,” He says calmly. “A fair exchange.”

I hardly understand how Elder Faerie is still remaining calm. “How is it a fair exchange!?”

“Do you still not understand, Pure Vanilla?” Elder Faerie says. “White Lily must awaken, for it is the only way to protect Earthbread. But no matter how much life force we sacrifice for White Lily... she will be given half a life, for most of her soul belongs to Dark Enchantress. As long as both live, neither shall become whole.”