Once Upon A Dream

"And with a last effort, Prince Philip threw his enchanted sword at  maleficent striking her in the heart."

Two little girls  one dark skinned and the other latina leaned in closer as the mother told them the story.  She smiled at her girls and turned the page.

"She let out a pain howl and fell off the cliff almost taking Philip with her . He looked over and saw a black shadow where maleficent laid and the enchanted sword turned black "

The dark skin cheered and hugged her princess doll.

The latina frowned and looked at her dragon with sadness

"Philip ran up the stairs of the tower and found the sleeping princess

"Philip ran up the stairs of the tower and found the sleeping princess. He walked to her bed and leaned down. He kissed her lips and pulled away."

"Color returned to her cheeks as she woke from her sleep. She looked at home and smiled. After meeting her parents for the first time in sixteen years she danced with her prince charming and lived happily ever after. The end."

The mother closed the book and sighed.

"Yay! That was the best story ever!"

"I didn't think so. Why does the villain have to die? Why can't they have a happily ever after?"

The mother sighed. Every time she read a princess book the young girl would sad at the end. She set the book down and pulled the girl into her lap.

"Well, Celine. Not every story has a happy ending. And villains don't get happy endings that is how the stories go."

Thin girl cross your arms and glared at her mother. To her it felt wrong. She believes that the villains have a story that needs to be told of why they become the way they are.

"But mama , I think that the villains should at least have a happy ending. You always tell me bad people aren't always bad they're usually are good. So something happened to them in the past they cost them to be like that. "

The mother smiled at her daughter and kissed her forehead. Ever since she took her in she had this imagination and wonder that always made her feel like she had a mission with his child.

The dark skin girl looked over to her foster sister and smirked not in a bad way but mostly in a teasing way.

"Might as well tell Walt Disney that he needs to change his stories. Villains get what they get that's the end of the story."

Celine glared at her sister and threw her dragon toy at her. The sister ducked and laughed at her.

"It's not funny Dee Dee. Your Disney princesses and princess aren't always that good either."

The mother side and stood up from her chair bringing Celine with her. She placed her on the ground and turned to the girls with a Stern but loving look.

"No girls I don't want any fighting. remember it's just a story. Now it's almost time for bed brush your teeth and get your pajamas on. I'll be in there to tuck you in."

The girls nodded and went to their bathroom. Mother's side and put the book into the bookcase. As much as she loves the girls they do drive her insane. But she wouldn't change it any other way.

As the girls crawled into their beds and pulled the covers up they looked at each other and smiled. Even if they are fighting or joking around they still have a sisterly love.

The mother walked into the room and took the girls into their beds and handed in their dolls. She kissed him on the head and went to turn off the lights. She turned back around and smiled at the girls.

"Sweet dreams my little ones. I will see you in the morning"

"Good night Mom/mama."

She smile, turned out the lights and shut the door. The two girls looked at each other and smiled.

"Night Celine."

"Night Dee Dee."

Celine looked at her ceiling and sighed. And her little mind she believed the villains deserve a happy ending that they need their story to be told the right way.

She closed her eyes and began to dream. She dreamed of all the feelings living in harmony and having a happily ever after or no goody goody to shoe Prince or princess would bother them.

But you never know that your dream could come true one day........

Celine

Dee Dee

Mother