Chapter 5

Athena

I waited at King's Cross. I was 2 hours earlier than his train but I didn't care. I waited and waited.
...
Enzo dropped his things when he saw me, I ran as fast as I could towards him and jumped up wrapping my legs around him. "My dear Athena, I missed you so" he said quietly muffled into the side of my head. I pulled away from our hug to smash our lips together. He spun me around as we kissed. He was going to take me away from all the bad. He was going to show me life.

"Don't leave me again enzo" I said to him looking into his eyes. "I could never dearest, ever" he replied smiling.
...
Enzo an I were walking through gardens talking and talking. I truly felt love. I tripped on a stone. Something so simple sparked the chain of events that led to this. Led to hundreds of years of unfulfillment.

Apon falling I put my hands out to catch myself. Enzo helped me up and went to inspect my hands. "Athena are you okay your bleeding" emzo asked me quickly sounding concerned. He looked down at the cut on my hand and the deep red blood which flowed from it. He took my hand. Lifted it towards his mouth. I was filled with confusion. His mouth opened revealing two sharp long fangs, his face snarled and his veins became far more visible. I trembled with fear. He sunk his teeth into the palm of my hand. I whimpered in pain. I tried to pull away but enzo gripped my hands. "Enzo what are you?" I shouted. No reply he was to busy draining me of blood.

Enzo picked me up and ran with me behind a bush. He moved my tightly curled hair away from the left side of my neck. "Enzo im scared" I said my voice shakey. "Your okay my doll" he said his voice calming me. He bit into my neck. Sucking, and sucking. I felt light headed. "Enzo please stop i-" everything went dark.
...
When i woke, enzo was leaning over me dabbing my face with a cold cloth. Seeing him I scurried away in fear. "My dearest, don't fear me. I never meant to hurt you" enzo said softly. "What are you" I shouted again my body pressed up against a wall. "I'm a vampire" he said. He walked towards me slowly. "This isn't real" I said. My hands sweating pressed up against the wall.

Enzo kept walking towards me until his face was mere inches from mine. "I love you dear, I'd never hurt you. Ever" he told me "I was starving, I hadn't fed in days. I'm sorry I got carried away doll." He cooed. "Where are we enzo" I asked him still petrified. "An inn" he said tucking the hair behind my ear and tracing his fingers down my jaw, along my neck to where he bit.

"Tell me everything" I said. Enzo explained how he never aged, he'd been 19 for the last 97 years. "So that means you were turned in what, 1603" I said alarmed. He nodded. He explained the feeling of drinking blood, how vampires could control what humans remembered, how vampire blood could heal, the strength. "I want to turn you Athena" enzo said. "Just think Athena we can leave London, hell we can leave England. You can get away from that god awful step father of yours, we would get forever to be together." He made it sound like the easiest decision.

"How do you get turned" I asked cautiously. "You drink a vampires blood, so mine. And then. You have to die." Enzo said cupping my cheek. "So I'd be dead?" I said chocked. "No doll you'd be alive forever with me, don't you want that, we'd never have to grow old. Never have to be apart again." He said tracing his finger over my cheek. "Enzo I'm scared. To die" I admitted. "You will be better though, we will be better though. Vampirism gives you so much strength. I could snap your neck so fast you don't feel it" he said his eyes beaming with excitement in a somewhat terrifying way.

I thought, there was nothing I wanted more than to escape my step father. I never wanted him to touch my body again, I never wanted him to hit me, to demean me, to assault me again. I thought me and enzo were soulmates.
...
"Turn me enzo" he grabbed a cup sliced his hand open with his teeth and bleed into it. He passed it to me. "Drink up dear, eternity awaits" he chucked. Kissing my forehead. I downed the cup not seeing how I'd ever enjoy that taste. "Are you ready doll?" Enzo said. No. "Yes" I say.
Black