Chapter twenty

Ivy woke up from her short nap about thirty minutes later. She opened her eyes to see Conrad on his phone, letting her use him as a head rest.

She shuffled slightly and looked up at him. He looked over and smiled softly down at her.

"Hey gorgeous."

"Hi." She sadly smiled at him.

"How are you feeling?"

"Bleh."

He laughed softly and brushed some hair out of her face.

"Do you want to try to go downstairs?"

"Yeah, just let me freshen up."

Ivy sighed as she sat up and rubbed her eyes awake. She got up and walked over to the desk and looked in the mirror.

Tear shaped lines were stained on her cheeks. Her eyes were covered in mascara. Her hair was all over the place.

"God." She groaned quietly. She put her elbows on the desk and covered her face with her hands.

Conrad saw her struggling and came up behind her. He gently put a hand on her back and bent down to be level with her.

"Hey. You are beautiful, and nothing will ever change that. You are so strong and you can do this. I believe in you."

Her eyes got watery again after hearing his words. She had never felt this type of love before Conrad, she couldn't believe that anyone could ever love her.

Conrad softly grabbed her chin and started wiping away the mascara with a cloth. He gently cleaned the black smudges off her face.

After he finished he put the cloth down and kissed her on the cheek. She smiled tiredly at him as he did.

She sneakily grabbed his face and tilted his head so he would kiss her lips instead. They both smiled into the kiss as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

They pulled away and breathed heavily looking into each other's eyes. 

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you more."

~

Ivy followed behind Conrad as he walked down the stairs. She nervously picked at her fingers as they continued on.

Once they reached the bottom of the stairs, Conrad grabbed her hand and linked his fingers in between hers.

They slowly walked outside, seeing everyone enjoying themselves. They were stopped by Susannah, who approached them with a concerned face.

"Hey sweetie, are you okay?" She softly asked Ivy.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." She smiled tightly.

Conrad gently squeezed her hand in comfort.

"Just know I'm always here to talk. I love you like one of my own." Susannah smiled brightly at her. "The rest of the kids are down on the beach if you want to go see them."

Thanks mom." Conrad said.

He gently guided Ivy away from Susannah and onto the beach.

They walked into the sand and stopped upon seeing everyone sat on pool floaties and chairs.

Ivy took in a deep breath and she saw everyone laughing and having fun.

"We don't have to go if you don't want to." Conrad squeezed her hand.

"No, it's okay. Let's do this."

————————

sorry for the short chapter!!

i just wanted to get something out since it's been a little

i'm also working on a few different stories 👀 so stay tuned for those

anyways

i hope you all have a lovely day and take care of yourselves

i know this book has touched on some sad topics and i want you all to know it's okay to go through this

i'm always here if you guys want to rant and get out your feelings!

love you all ❤️