Chapter fifteen

⚠️emetophobia warning ⚠️

It was around four in the morning when Ivy first woke up. She felt super nauseous and ran to the bathroom. 

She started puking as soon as she lifted the seat. She continued to do so for a few minutes until she felt a hand holding her hair back.

Once she had stopped she sat up against the wall, breathing heavily. Conrad was rubbing her back and whispering sweet nothings in her ear.

"Can you get me some water?" She asked in a rough voice.

"Yeah, of course." He quickly stood up and ran down the stairs.

She sighed and leant her head back on the wall. Her eyes filled up with tears.

When Conrad returned, she quickly wiped the tears off her face. He handed her the glass of water and sat next to her against the wall.

She leant her head tiredly on his shoulder. She sipped the water slowly, trying to get rid of the taste.

"Too many drinks last night?" Conrad joked.

Ivy slightly laughed and just shook her head.

"I have no idea why this is happening. I don't usually throw up when I'm hungover."

"Who knows, maybe you're pregnant." Conrad laughed.

Ivy lifted her head and held a face of shock. She had just come to the realization that her period is a week late.

"Wait, I was only joking." Conrad said.

"Um, Conrad. I'm late." She whispered scared.

"Late for what?"

"Conrad. My period. I'm a week late."

"Holy shit." He breathed out.

"I mean, we haven't really been all that careful. But i'm on birth controls It's not supposed to do this." She sobbed out.

"Shhhh. It's okay. We can go to the store in the morning all right? We'll figure this out." Conrad hugged her tightly.

"This can't be happening. We're only eighteen." She cried into his shoulder.

"I know, love. I know."

~

Later that morning Ivy was sat at the kitchen island while Jere was making breakfast. She was very quiet and just waiting for Conrad to get ready.

"You okay Ivy?" Jeremiah asked.

"Yeah, yeah. Just, you know, hungover." She laughed nervously. "Um. I'm gonna go check on Conrad."

"Okay?" Jere said confused.

She slid out of her seat and made her way upstairs. She walked into the room to see Conrad sat on the bed with his head in his hands.

"Conrad. I'm so sorry. I never meant for this to happen." She said with her voice cracking.

He lifted his head and Ivy saw tear streams down his face.

"No Ivy. It's not your fault. I just never expected this to happen."

"Neither did I. I'm so sorry." She came over and sat down next to him. "If I really am I'll get rid of it." She silently cried.

"No."

"No?"

"No. We are going to have this baby. We will be the best parents ever."

Ivy cried out a laugh.

"You can't be serious. We're so young."

"I don't care. I love you. And I will love this baby."

"Well first we need to figure out if I really am."

"Right. Yeah, we should do that. Let's go."

He stood up and offered his hand to her. She took it and they both just stood there looking into each others eyes.

"I love you." Ivy whispered.

"I love you more."

~

They walked out of the store holding hands. Conrad had a bag in his other hand. They had bought a whole bunch of different kinds of tests, wanting to make sure.

Ivy was trying to keep her breathing calm, her mind rolling with thoughts. Conrad squeezed her hand as they got to the car.

They got in and Conrad started pulling out of the parking spot.

"You know, you're the best guy I could ever ask to be the father of my child." Ivy said.

Conrad looked over and smiled brightly at her.

"I wouldn't choose anyone else to have a child with."

~

Ivy was sat on the floor in the bathroom. The test was sitting on the counter, only a few minutes to go.

Her head was in her hands and tears were streaming down her face. She heard a knock on the door and then Conrads voice.

"Hey, how's it going?"

Ivy didn't respond, just opened the door a crack for Conrad to come in. He came in and saw her on the floor. He squatted down and sat next to her.

He grabbed her hands and just sat with her. She enjoyed the quiet time, it allowed her to catch her breath.

After the timer went off, Ivy let out a quiet sob. She was shaking with fear.

"It's okay. We can do this together." Conrad said.

They both stood up and Ivy picked up the test. Her heart dropped at what she saw.

Positive

————————
surprise!!