𝟢𝟢𝟤

୨୧ Layla ୨୧

             ✧・: *✧・゚* :・゚✧*:・゚✧

             ✧・: *✧・゚* :・゚✧*:・゚✧

Eva's voice cut through the air like a knife, causing the girls to jump as she exclaimed, "The stables?!"

Layla, her tone laced with exhaustion, replied wearily, "Yes, Eva, for the millionth time. I'm going to clean the stables with Luke."

After the intense meeting at Chiron's office, Layla trudged back to her cabin, shedding the remnants of pie and the blue spray from her hair. She hastily changed into more comfortable attire, slipping into a white short-sleeved shirt with a hint of cleavage, paired with long jean shorts and vibrant pink cowboy boots that added a playful touch to her outfit.

Amelia barged into the cabin, her face etched with anxiety, bursting with unexpected news, "Did you guys hear about Mr. D's cup going missing?"

Eva beamed at Amelia, nodding in confirmation, "Mhm, you know, Layla was the first to find out."

"What?!"Amelia's eyes widened in excitement, "why didn't you say anything sooner"

Layla shrugged with a disappointed expression, "It's not like I heard anything important. The only thing the old man did was threaten to turn Luke into a dolphin. I have to admit, the expression on Luke's face made the situation a lot funnier."

Laughter erupted from the trio like a sudden summer storm, washing away the tension that hung thick in the air. Their laughter echoed off the cabin walls, a symphony of relief and release. In that fleeting moment, the weight of worry lifted, replaced by the lightness of shared amusement.

Amelia's voice quivered with worry as she asked, "Do you guys think there would be a quest? I mean, if the cup is actually stolen, there's no way a god would go by himself to find it."

A silent exchange of worried glances swept between the girls, each one grappling with the weighty implications of the situation. Their furrowed brows and downturned lips spoke volumes, conveying the depth of their concern without the need for words.

Eva whispered, hoping not to be overheard, "Maybe Mr. D just lost the cup among his things and he is overreacting.So, I don't think we should get our hopes up for a quest."

Layla nodded in agreement, adding, "She's right. I can't even remember the last time there was a quest."

Amelia remained hopeful, "Well, that's not what the whole camp has been saying."

Evangeline chimed in, "kantharos went missing just an hour ago. When did the whole camp even have time to share the news?"

Layla interjected, "Mr. D has been yelling like a maniac for the past hour. I think he did the damage to himself."