003

୨୧ Layla ivers ୨୧

             ✧・: *✧・゚* :・゚✧*:・゚✧

!TW!Slightly blood and a little stabbing 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝

1994

"Daddy, Daddy!" Layla's voice rang out as she dashed into the living room from the backyard, a look of distress on her face. "I fell into a hole!"

Her father turned quickly, meeting her gaze as the young girl rushed into the house, tears streaming down her face.

"I'm going to die!" Layla cried louder, clinging to her father.

"Layla, honey, you're not going to die from a scratched knee," her father reassured her, suppressing a chuckle at the dramatics.

"Come, let me have a look at it." He guided her to the light brown couch.

Layla did as she was told, wiping her tears with her small hands as her dad knelt in front of her.

He examined her knee quickly, noting the slight swelling and the red and white spots indicating blood. "We just need to put a bandage on it, and it'll be fine before you can say cheese," he said, heading to the bathroom drawer for supplies.

"Cheese,"

"Very funny," her dad remarked as he returned with antibiotic cream and a bucket of water with a towel draped over his arm

"What's that?" Layla exclaimed, moving back on the couch. "What the hell you doing?"

"Language, young lady," her dad admonished gently. "It's just antibiotic cream. It'll help your wound heal."

Layla gave her dad a skeptical look, trying to figure out if he was being genuine or just messing with her, like that one time he said they were going to the candy store but surprised her with a trip to the doctor's office instead.

"Come on, honey, it won't hurt, I promise," her dad urged, noticing her hesitation.

"But you're not a doctor, you're an archaeologist. How do I know you won't kill me?" Layla retorted

Her dad couldn't hold back his laughter this time. "Don't worry, you don't have to be a doctor to handle this."

"Alright" Layla spoke as she tried to smile " I trust you Dad"