Chapter 1: Survival

(Kyojuro's point of view)
After reaching my destination, I slipped and fell to the ground. "Hey, are you alright?", a voice asked me and I looked up to see a trio of boys walking towards me. "Yes. But I could really use some help.", I replied. The three boys helped me get up off the ground and brought me over to the house's front doors. "Mother, are you inside?", the oldest of the trio asked. "Yes, Takeo.", a older person replied from inside the small house. The three boys guided me inside and helped me sit down on the wooden floor. "Who in the world is this and what the hell is going on?", the woman asked. "I don't know, but he really needs help.", they responded. "Boys, go find your father and get him to come back inside. He will know what to do.", the woman said. "Yes, Mother.", they answered before going outside. After a minute, they returned with a man who appeared to be their father. "That can't be good.", the man said as he knelt down on the floor beside me. "Kie, go get a bowl of warm water and a wash rag from in the kitchen. I'd like to see what the hell we're looking at.", he said. "Of course, Tanjuro.", she answered before turning herself around to head into the kitchen. She came back with a bowl full of warm water and a wash rag and put them on the floor within a minute. Just after dipping it into the water, he brought the wet rag over to my face and used it to wash away the blood on my right eye. "As I thought. Your right eye received irreparable damage to it and is a lost cause.", he said after finishing this. "Young one, what is your name?", he asked. "Kyojuro Rengoku.", I replied calmly.