1 - Family Gathering

Macau

Following the conflict between the Major Family and Minor Family, a remarkable transformation occurred, and we truly became a family, a unity we had never experienced before. Surprisingly, even P' Tankhun extended his warmth towards me and Hia, bridging the gap despite his lingering displeasure over P' Pete's choice to live with us. Uncle Korn embraced us as his own sons, fostering a familial bond.

P' Kinn, P' Porsche, P' Pete, and Hia became not only close friends but also confidantes. The camaraderie was such that Hia and P' Kinn occasionally shared moments over drinks without their respective spouses. When I first met P' Porsche's younger brother, Chay, an instant and profound friendship blossomed. Sharing common interests, we spent quality time together, and when we both secured admission to the same university, we chose to live together in the university dorm. Life was splendid, and happiness prevailed—well, almost entirely.

Once the dust had settled, P' Kim earnestly sought forgiveness from Chay, making relentless efforts to win him back. From heartfelt songs to persistent calls and texts, P' Kim left no stone unturned until Chay finally relented. Initially, Chay permitted P' Kim to explain his actions and demonstrate his love. After a few months of perseverance, Chay decided to rekindle their relationship. While I genuinely rejoiced in their happiness, I couldn't deny the intense jealousy that consumed me.

My love for P' Kim had been a constant presence since I realized my feelings at the age of 14. Throughout the years, I immersed myself in his music, finding solace and a sense of closeness. Despite questioning myself and attempting to divert my emotions, whether by dating others or trying to cultivate love elsewhere, nothing proved effective. Thoughts of him persisted, and my love for P' Kim remained unwavering. I understood the unlikelihood of him reciprocating my feelings, so I settled for being a good friend.

Despite the complexities of our families' history and his occasional aloofness, we managed to build a strong friendship. When P' Kim sought my assistance in rekindling his relationship with Chay, I grappled with conflicting emotions. Despite the agony it caused me, I couldn't bear to let down my friends. I reluctantly helped them reunite, enduring the heartache of witnessing their affectionate moments, all while concealing my true feelings.

On a Saturday morning at 9 a.m., I found myself in my room at the Minor Family Mansion, lying on my bed, lost in contemplation while staring at the ceiling. Abruptly, my phone rang, jolting me back to reality. Retrieving my phone from the stand beside my bed, I noticed it was P' Kim calling. A smile formed on my face, and I promptly answered.

"Good morning, P' Kim. How are you?" I greeted the moment I answered, not taken aback by his early rising habits, as he typically woke up around 6-7 a.m. However, I was surprised by the early morning call.

"Good morning, Macau. I'm doing well. I hope I'm not interrupting something or disturbing your sleep," he expressed with genuine concern in his voice.

I smiled and reassured him, "I've just woken up, and you're not interrupting anything either."

"I'm glad to hear that. Listen, I have a huge favor to ask," his request caught me by surprise, piquing my curiosity.

"Alright, if it's within my capabilities, I'll do my best," I replied.

"P' Tankhun wants to throw a party today, given that it's Saturday, and he hopes everyone will attend. He assigned P' Kinn to persuade Vegas and Pete to join, and he assigned me the task of you to come," he explained, sighing.

"I'm surprised P' Tankhun is up so early in the morning. Normally, he doesn't wake up until 11 a.m. or later. And why did he assign you the task of persuading me instead of Chay, like he usually does?" I expressed my astonishment at the unusual circumstances, questioning the early awakening of P' Tankhun and the departure from his usual approach in involving Chay for such requests.