28 - Getting ready for the big day (18+)

Macau

Since the moment I decided to propose to P' Kim, I had envisioned how incredible this day could be. Yet, the way it unfolded surpassed every hope I had ever dared to hold. P' Kim serenaded me with the most soul-stirring song he had ever written, every note drenched in emotion. Then, with a heart full of love, he gazed into my eyes and declared his unconditional devotion before dropping to one knee and asking me to spend forever with him. Without hesitation, I joined him on my knees, pulling out the ring I had carefully chosen for him. I longed to be as eloquent and romantic as P' Kim had been in his declaration, but I was so overcome with happiness and love that my mind struggled to find the words. After a brief pause, I finally managed to speak, and whatever I said must have touched him deeply because his face lit up with joy. Then, I proposed to him in return.

P' Kinn and I, of course, accepted each other's proposals, our hands trembling as we slipped the rings onto one another's fingers. I was overwhelmed by a flood of emotions—my heart bursting with love and joy, while my mind swirled with beautiful thoughts of the life P' Kim and I would share, full of happiness, alongside our daughter.

When P' Tankhun called out, urging me and P' Kim to share our response with him and the family, a wave of exhilaration washed over me. I faced him, my heart racing with joy, and declared with all my enthusiasm that P' Kim and I were engaged. The moment those words left my lips, everyone erupted into cheers, filling the room with celebration. I glanced at P' Kim, and our eyes locked, both of us caught in the magic of the moment. His hand reached out gently, wiping away my tears, and as his smile lit up his face, I couldn't help but smile back.

When he finished wiping my tears, he cradled my face in his hands, and before I knew it, our lips met in a passionate kiss. We wrapped our arms tightly around each other, lost in the intensity of the moment. As we kissed deeply, we somehow lost our balance and tumbled to the side, but that didn't stop us. Our kiss continued, fiery and full of emotion, until the need for air finally forced us to pull apart. Even then, we dove right back in, unable to resist each other. It was as if the world around us ceased to exist—just me and P' Kim in that moment, everything else fading away into nothingness.

The kiss deepened, and P' Kim shifted, positioning himself above me. We were so completely absorbed in each other, savoring every second, when the need for breath interrupted us once more. Just as we began to pull away, a firm hand grabbed P' Kim by his shirt, yanking him away from me. I didn't even need to look—it was Hia. His disapproval was written all over his actions, never one to tolerate such open displays of affection.

Without hesitation, P' Kim extended his hand to me, helping me to my feet, and I gratefully took it. Standing beside him, I could feel Hia's eyes on us, and his voice followed, suggesting that we be more mindful not to get too intimate around him and the children. Instantly, I apologized, but the excitement of the moment hadn't left me. I couldn't hold it in and, with a beaming smile, announced to Hia that I was getting married. The tension in his expression softened at my happiness, and after a pause, he offered his congratulations.

Moments later, Hia turned to P' Kim and congratulated him as well, and soon after, Hia and I embraced. That hug meant everything to me—his support, his approval—it always had. Since childhood, Hia's acceptance had been something I cherished deeply, and knowing he stood by me and P' Kim now filled my heart with warmth and joy.

As Hia and I pulled away from our embrace, we exchanged warm smiles, a silent acknowledgment of all we had shared. "You have blossomed so much since that day I first held you in my arms. It feels like just yesterday you were a tiny infant, and now you stand on the brink of marriage. I couldn't be happier for you, but I can't help but feel a wave of nostalgia for those sweet childhood days, my little brother," Hia's voice trembled with emotion, and it took everything in me not to break down.