A Dance

After I had met his parents, his sister seemed to open up more to me and we were on pretty good terms. My bestfriend though wasn't forgotten in all this. Ayasha seemed pretty excited for the dance. She had gotten herself a patner too for the dance. He was a blonde haired boy and mostly wore green. He was pretty much into academics. His name was Dwayne and he seemed like a pretty nice guy. Though I was shocked at her for not telling me before that she liked a guy.

Xander and our dates were going great. We'd go to the movies then to restaurants then to arcades and sometimes at the park. He was literally perfect for me. He said that he'd be coming to the dance and I knew I had to pick out a outfit for myself soon. And it was going to be perfect. So I decided to go to shopping with Ayasha someday.

Calvin still kept pestering me. He still kept asking me if I'd like to go with him to the dance. I had said no to him multiple times and didn't feel bad a bit for him. And that's because the other day I saw him making out with the cheerleader captain in the Janitor's closet. Yeah I just heard them nothing else. Though I wanted to puke right at that moment. I thought he'd leave me soon but instead he just kept giving gifts in my locker.

Then one day before the dance, me and Ayasha were sitting in the cafeteria eating lunch when suddenly I saw Calvin storming in. He then came over to my table and looked at me furiously. 

"How dare you pick some low life guy over a prince charming like me?!" He says as he does some over dramatic actions.

"Calvin, I don't like you. I will never like you. I only think of you as my friend and nothing else. And Xander is way better than you so you have no rights to call him low-life." I say sitting in my seat rolling my eyes at him.

"I gave you literally everything Diana! And you have to like me back! Look at me! And looks that Xander! I am way more handsome than him." Calvin says.

I just couldn't take it anymore and dumped my drink on his head and walked away. Soon Ayasha caught up with me and tried to calm me down. I wa sok with him pestering me and all but why'd he drag Xander in it?! It is not fair. I hated him with all my guts now. He isn't the friend I remembered. Ayasha finally managed to calm me down by saying that we need to go shopping to pick out our dress for the dance.

I then get worried. I had forgotten about the dance because of this mess. I just hoped that we won't be late to dress up for the dance. I knew I had to look my best that night just so I could show Calvin that he isn't much of a prince charming and Xander is better. 

Time skip bought to you by Diana simping over Xander

It was almost time for the party. I was in the car I had booked to reach there. I was getting nervous and feeling a bit insecure. When we reached, I took a deep breathe and thanked the driver. I saw students still going in the party venue. I opened the car door and got out revealing my dark blue dress with small stary design on the dress. I had my hairs in a bun which made me look like royalty. I had told Xander to wait for me at the entrance and sure enough he was there waiting.

All the kids looked and whispered among themselves pointing at me. I started to feel more insecure thinking that they were criticising me.

"They are mesmerized by you love." Xander speaks up holding his hand out. He was wearing a beautiful dark blue suit too and looked like a gentleman.

"Forgot that you could read minds." I said giggling as I took his hand.

"Let's dance shall we?" He asks pulling me closer.

I give a nod and we both start walking in, holding hands. Everyone whispered and looked at us. Some even gave a thumbs up and clapped lightly upon seeing us like this and I blushed. It was really a dream to be with Xander and go to the dance like this. When we reached inside I looked around to see where is Ayasha. Xander was still holding my hand so I knew I couldn't just leave him and find Ayasha so instead we talked while we drank some juice punch. Then I saw Ayasha in a beautiful yellow dress with a bow on the back waving at me.

She came over with her hand in hand with Dwayne who also seemed to be wearing a suit and talked to Xander while I talked to Ayasha. Everything was going pretty great. All four of us having fun and dancing around and Calvin was not in sight at all for the whole night then Alice went over to the person who was playing songs and changed the song to a much better song and we were enjoying way more. Them Alice, I and Ayasha were just complimenting each other and looking at each other's dresses. 

After a while, I had gotten to grab a drink because I was getting tired. Then I heard a slow romantic song play in and I saw Ayasha and Dwyane starting to slowly dance together. The Xander came up to me and placed his hand out asking for a dance. I took his hand and we started to dance away in the music.

"I love you so much Diana. I will always protect you." Xander whispers in my ear.

"I love you too Xander and I always will." I whisper back to him and rest my head on his shoulder.

Then it all happens suddenly.

Xander shoots his head up suddenly and I look up to his face to see why he moved his body so suddenly and he seemed to look at the exit door. He then suddenly left me in the middle of the dance and walked out. I called after him and stood there, frozen. He didn't even look back at me and just kept walking. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned my head to see Ayasha and I just started crying as she held me. Dwayne and Alice were behind Ayasha and were looking at me with concerned looks on their faces.

Alice then bought some water to me as we four went or corner to get away from the dancing crowd. Alice asked me to explain the situation and I told her everything while I one or two tears dropped form my eyes now and then. Alice said that she had no idea what Xander was doing hut she decided to follow him too and just like that, she left too. Ayasha and Dwayne still stayed by my side and kept comforting me.

-------------------------

Helloooooo!

Thx for reading! Hoped u liked it!

So yeah this book is coming to an end soon so yeah I hoped u liked it.

I think I am going to upload the next part in today or tomorrow.

Have a good day/night/evening/morning