Chapter 5: accidents happen.

After the shooting at the hotel, Ashton hits the road.

Sydney: where are you off to now?

Ashton: a safe house down in Athens.

Sydney: Athens Greece or Athens Georgia?

Ashton: neither, Athens is a small town here, very secluded, less than 500 people in the whole area. Perfect for a hideout.

Sydney: plus, if you die out there, no one will know for days!

Ashton: aw, thanks for worrying about me, but I'll be fine.

Sydney: it's not you I'm worried about. I think you should consider talking to The Agency about what happened, they could help.

Ashton: no way, not yet. I want more proof.

Sydney: are you sure?

Ashton: what's that supposed to mean?

Sydney: Ashton, I've known you for years, I know when you're holding back.

Ashton: and what would I possibly be holding back?

Sydney: the fact that you know getting Carmine involved means getting Isaac involved.

Ashton: dammit, Sydney. You too?

Sydney: I'm just saying, you should give him a chance.

Ashton: I did... once... and it was the biggest mistake I've ever made.

Sydney: why don't you ever talk about what happened between you two?

Ashton: it's not easy to talk about.

Sydney: well maybe you should try?

Ashton: Sydney, this is not the time to play therapist. Lives are at stake and I don't need Isaac to come in and make it worse.

Sydney: ok, ok, whatever you say.

Ashton: crap...

Sydney: what's the matter? Oh, sorry, didn't mean to play therapist again.

Ashton: I'm being tailed.

Sydney: how do you know?

Ashton: there's 2 black sedans right behind me.

Sydney: would it have been better if they were white sedans?

Ashton: not they still had that license plate. Those are the same liscence plates I seen in the parking lot of the hotel. That's not a coincidence.

Sydney: do you have a photographic memory or something?

Ashton: no, but when you've been in this game as long as I have, you to pay attention to things.

Sydney: can you lose em?

Ashton: actually, I've got a better idea.

Ashton slams the brakes until both cars crash right into his back bumper. Ashton then gets out of the car. 2 guys then come out of the first car and pull out weapons. Ashton immediately pulls out his pistol.

BANG, BANG,

Ashton kills Both guys then pull the driver out of the second car and shoots him in the stomach.

Ashton: who the fuck are you and why're you following me? Tell me before you bleed out.

Man: what the fuck are you talking about?! I wasn't following you! Now Please, call an ambulance!

Ashton: bullshit, why'd they pull guns?

Man: I don't know those people.

Ashton: really? So you're both driving the exact same car, wearing the same outfits and you have the gun in your glove compartment.