Shattered Photo

Rei smiles as she sees the kids playing in the yard. This time she will keep them together instead of throwing hot water at people. The first thing though, she needs evidence. The main cause of most of the future problems was her husband after all.

"Mommy what is daddy and brother doing" Shoto asks

"They are just going to train to be a hero"

"Can I be one?"

"Yes, always keep that dream please" Rei says as she sobs.

Rei smiles at her baby. She doesn't want to remember the obsessives stare he had in his eyes as he looked up to the Frayed String. She would rather take that blank face on TV before seeing that face again. The worse part in her mind was the Shoto never seemed to get that affection back. Izuku would always push Shoto away or send him onto another mission.

"Mommy why are you crying?"

"It's ok I was just thinking how about I make you something to eat"

"Really Mom, you never cook anymore you always stay in your room"

"Well, it never is to late to change"

"Does that mean that daddy will be nicer"

Rei's face darkened. She remembered Fuyumi's sobs as she hugged the photo in the base. She hated how that man broke this family. Even if Fuyumi one of her only children left willfully wished nothing could change. Now though, she can change everything. Maybe, Touya won't become Dabi. Maybe Natsuo won't die as a field medic. Maybe, Shoto won't follow Izuku like a lost puppy. The thing she doesn't want to happen the most though is Fuyumi's death.

The Incident

Rei opened the door slowly to Fuyumi's room. What she saw made her cry. The body of her only daughter was hanging there. She didn't want to believe it. She waited with baited breath hoping the body melted like a clone. After looking around the room, she saw a note.

Dear Mom & Natsuo,

I can't do this anymore. I don't want to see Shoto again. Not after what he has become. I miss this family being what it used to be. Even if I never wanted to say it, Dad tore this family apart. Maybe Touya Dabi was right. Even if I don't like the idea, dad being torn down from that position earlier could have prevented so much. I... hate him. If only he was actually kind, this wouldn't have happened. Why couldn't we have a happy family.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

Rei heard Natsuo coming before she could think about what to do she hid the note and wrote a new one.

Dear Mom & Natsuo,

I want to say that I am tired of this war. Let me have some peace for once. I know I am not physically fit like mom or useful like Natuso so please my only wish is that you don't let Izuku get my body.

"Mom what's taking so long to get Fu-" Natsuo stops as he sees the body "Fumi, I am right here please answer me. What did I do wrong. Please don't go. I don't want to be alone. What happened to trusting that society could eventually win. Please... Fumi I am right here stay with me please."

Rei hides her tears. Fuyumi was one of the only things that Natsuo cares about. She knew how hard Natsuo would take it. Especially if he knew Fuyumi went insane at the end. She stuffs the original note in the pocket before handing Natsuo the fake.

"She left a note for us"

After Natsuo read it he cried softly before saying "Fuyumi don't worry take the time to rest. I hope you are watching me. I will achieve our dream of a good family one where no one fights and we all sit down for dinner.".

"Mommy why are you crying?"

"I was thinking of something"

"Was my question bad?"

"No, I just remembered something." Rei said before crouching down in front of Shoto "Know that I will NEVER be mad at you."

"Why would I need to remember that?"

"Don't worry about it"

In her mind though she answered the question

"So you still care for me if you follow him again. I don't want you to completely forget about me, Fuyumi, and Natsuo again.".