Chapter 8

Alan was extremely angry at Babe's crazy attitude. How could he make such a scene, in front of the man who helped them? Surely Pete will not forget such an injustice. Who would do it?

They were back at the garage, where the others were curious as to what had happened. Jeff, seeing Alan tense, wanted to find out the source of his condition:

"Baby, are you alright? Is something wrong with Mr. Pete?, Jeff asked curious.

Breathing fast from nerves, Alan turns to his lover, answering loud and clear, so that someone could hear:

"If something is bad, that something is Babe!"

Hearing uncle's accusations, Babe had hardly restrained himself from bursting out again. Charlie warned him to control himself, so as not to make a scene in the garage that he will regret.

Wanting to make him feel guilty, Alan decided to confront Babe face to face:

"What? Can you not hear me?

How could you do that? Are you stupid? Are you mental?

What's with this spoiled child behavior? Do you think that everything is due to you, and that everyone must bow to you?

You are not the navel of the world, Babe!

I am very disappointed in you!"

Alan's words to Babe left everyone dumbfounded. You rarely saw Uncle like this. They haven't seen him like this since the phase with Dean. 

Jeff looked at his lover gently, not knowing what to do next, but Charlie was equally indecisive.

"I just did what I felt at the moment. 

What's wrong with that?

He accused us!

He said that we are the reason for Way's death!

I can't accept this!", Babe shouted in tears.

"Because we are, Babe, especially you and me...", Alan sighed, tired.

North and Sonic looked at each other, then looked at Kim who was equally confused. What was happening?

With how much strength he still had, Alan explained:

"He loved you for so long so many years, and I knew it all that time. 

But I didn't say anything, as I had promised him.

I shouldn't have done it, even though it would have hurt me...", he started crying his all heart out. He had kept this frustration in him for so long, that he had exploded.

"WHAT? HOW COULD YOU?

If I knew...", Babe was speechless, he felt betrayed by Alan. Another pain in addition.

"If you knew, you would have ignored him.

Because you don't know how to really appreciate him. 

Then, you just wanted sex and that's it, love for you didn't exist.

Do you know how much it hurt him to see you like this, when he loved you so sincerely?

He protected you for 10 years from Tony!

And I... what a fool I was, and still am.", Alan's voice was lost in despair.

"IF YOU FELT THAT I WAS SUCH AN A**HOLE, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?

And why do you regret so much that he loved me?

I feel hatred in your voice, something I have never heard before.", Babe's condition was chaotic. He didn't knew what to do anymore or how to feel.

"Isn't it obvious?

 I fell in love with him from the first moment I saw him.

Oh, and how I loved him!

And how I struggled to forget it, to get over it!

Why do you think that all these years, I was alone?"

Alan's confession awakened many emotions around him, especially in relation to Jeff, who had received the answer to the suspicion he had for some time. 

Babe was ready to jump on Alan's neck, but Charlie stopped him immediately:

"I think it's time for us to go!"

Holding back severely, Babe gave Alan a war glare before storming out of the garage room. 

All the others present remained silent, listening to Alan's pain, crying his soul out of frustration after so many years.

                                                                                           *

In parallel, Pete was at the bar, drowning his agitation in drinks.

He was thinking of that naughty boy, Babe:

"How could you love something like that, dear Way? 

I will never have the opportunity to know you again...", he had watery eyes, ready to cry again like a little baby.

After finishing his drink from the glass, he noticed that the bartender had offered him a new glass:

"I didn't order this!", Pete said annoyed.

"Someone has done you a favor, sir. 

He also left you a note. 

It's right here."

Dizzy and confused, Pete tried to read the anonymous message:

"Do you still remember our good times? 

When you stood by my side when it was difficult, while I was drowning in suffering?

It's my time to be with you.

Come outside, behind the bar.

I will wait for you.

P.S. Enjoy your drink!"

Alarmed, Pete got up after drinking the whole glass. He had run quickly towards the location predicted on the note, extremely desperate.

But there was no one. It was just total darkness and incredibly cold. 

Probably the drink made him delirious. He dreamt too much of a miracle.

Standing alone for a few minutes, he had smelled a familiar scent.

A perfume that had awakened all his desires as an Enigma.

Only one person had this power over him, and that sweet scent.

His heart stopped.

Turning towards the dark valley, he asked full of hope:

"Way?"