~5~

~A Few Days Later~

Demeter walks along with him yet since they agreed on staying 'friends' while Sir Pentious' egg-like minions follow them both. She gets close to Alastor before saying, "Care to explain why these guys are following us to the meeting?"

Alastor stops for a moment and looks back at them for a few seconds. He sighs a bit, "They're just here to make sure nobody tries to...uh, you know, attack us and stuff."

Demeter crosses her arms before saying, "Or maybe Vaggie was trying to pass it onto someone else for the activities at the hotel."

Alastor tilts his head to the side, slightly curious about what she's talking about, "...Activities?"

"From what I have heard from downstairs, Pentious seems to not really trust anybody there. Get what I'm saying?"

Alastor nods, "Oh yes, I definitely get what you're saying. He's pretty paranoid, from what I've seen."

"Even if he had been there for basically a week now."

"Yeah, I don't necessarily see why he had to bring his, well... little minions here."

"Well, I don't blame him either way..."

The egg bois come in as they ask both Alastor and Demeter questions, yet what annoys some people the most is when they are complete chatterboxes. Sure some of you are annoyed by that. Demeter grumbles, "They are really lucky they don't have real emotions."

A figure stops them as he speaks, "Hark, Alastor, and Demeter. How fare thee this day?"

One of the Egg Bois asked, "Who's that, boss? Want me to rough him up for you?"

Demeter gave a cold glare at the Egg Bois before saying, "If I were you, you better be quiet if you value your shell."

Alastor greets, "Greetings, Zestial."

Demeter responds to the ancient overlord, "Long time, no see for a fellow overlord."

Zestial speaks, "Ah, the weather doth become this fine day."

Alastor laughs a bit and adjusts his jacket, "Indeed. Looks like we might have some acid rain this afternoon."

Zestial speaks as he starts to walk with them, "If our luck doth hold! I do revel in the screams. How art thou? It has been an age since thou hath graced us with thy presence, Alastor. Some hath spun wild tales of you falling to holy arms. Yet Demeter hath her fair share o' claiming souls sith she became like us. Quite a talent she is for her gifts."

Alastor chuckles, seeming to be in a good mood still, "Oh, I just took a well-earned sabbatical. Nothing serious. Though it's fun to keep everyone on their toes, yes, Demeter has her way of handling this title for the last few decades."

Zestial chuckles, "There too hath been rumor of thy involvement with the princess and her recent flight of fancy. Tell me, how does thou fall in such folly?"

Demeter answers, "That is for Alastor and me to know."

Alastor comments, "But, please do guess. I'd love to know the theories."
Zestial chuckles once more, "T'would be grander folly by far to assume the workings of your mind, Alastor, as well as for thee, Demeter. Thou hath been naught but an enigma since thy manifested in this realm."

Alastor chuckles alongside Zestial as he raises an eyebrow, "Coming from someone as ancient as you, we'll take that as quite the compliment."

Demeter thought for a moment as the three overlords walked along the alley before heading to an elevator. As the Egg Bois were about to follow them in, Demeter stopped them with her tail before saying, "We have a very important task for you. Stay here and guard the front until we return."