voice of the shard

Once again Shadow found himself walking through the woods. His tail wouldn't stop swinging from side to side. His body processed his emotions faster than his mind.

The hedgehog had settled down at the lake and leaned against the tree. His gaze had dropped down to the water as his mind pondered on the events. 

Even if he tried to lie to himself, his body would betray him. He couldn't deny that he liked the kiss.

After all, it was another way to fight the blue blur. The rough impact of their lips had been enticing enough for him to get lost in the moment. 

The problem was that he couldn't imagine giving up their rivalry. It has been the closest someone had been to him since the ARK. He would even say that Sonic had surpassed his relationship with Rouge, just on another level.

His heart sped up as he thought about the reason or outcome of this action. Has Sonic done that to distract him? Had he even intentionally done that? Had he wanted to kiss him?

If so would he kiss him again... Perhaps. But he cannot understand why. This feeling was new to him. He hadn't been taught about it. They had probably thought that he wasn't made for it. That he wasn't made to love.

To be honest the agent hadn't thought so as well. But this hedgehog- Shadow let out a breath as he closed his eyes. Sonic could be surprising at times.

As The sun moved a bit more, signaling that it was midday, a reflection of something crossed his eyes. He opened them and looked around. 

At first Shadow had no idea what was so alluring by this light but when he spotted something in the water, he quickly realized. 

He walked over to the lake his gloved hand moving into the water. When he pulled it out, a small red stone laid in his palm. It wasn't more than the size of a hazelnut just like the emerald Shadow!VBoom had.

Shadow took it that this could be another shard perhaps even the last one. He checked his surroundings again, so that he wouldn't leave or overlook another shard, before taking off towards Tails' workshop.

Sonic had settled down next to Tails, who was working on his plane. Sometimes the hedgehog wondered what the fox even tried to improve on the machine. They had been through so much with it, that Sonic did not want to change it. Although most of the times the changes did look cool, so he didn't mind.

"So... What're you doing?", he asked Tails.

The fox stopped and turned around. His smile was unique, even if he looked like his Tails, one could easily spot the difference. With the screwdriver in hand the fox pointed at the wings, "Unfortunately, the wing broke on our last adventure, so I need to fix it. Maybe I will even install some sensors to spot incoming objects."

Sonic smiled, "Sounds great buddy."

Tails noticed the slight trance-state the other was in and asked, after turning around, "How was your talk with Shadow?"

The hero felt his body heat up and ears shifting. He let his eyes drop and admitted, "We didn't really talk."

Tails' Tails swung from side to side. "That's interesting. I thought I heard you two talk."

Sonic snorted, "I guess."

"Well, what happened.", Tails asked and added in a whisper, "I mean we all know you did more than just talk."

"What?!", the hedgehog exclaimed. His face turning red. Tails put aside the screwdriver and turned to him, "I said nothing."

Sonic was about to protest but Shadow came through the door. His gaze lingered on Sonic for a moment to long before meeting Tails' gaze. Sonic who was sitting on the ground just wanted to crawl into a ball.